- Level 20 Shadow priest ability
- Activated by casting Void Eruption. Twists your Shadowform with the powers of the Void, increasing spell damage you deal by 10%, reducing the cooldown on Mind Blast by 1.5 sec, and granting an additional 0.5% Haste every 1 sec.
Your Insanity will drain increasingly fast until it reaches 0 and Voidform ends.
Voidform is a level 20 passive Shadow priest ability. It's activated by casting [Void Eruption].
- While Voidform is active, the priest is forced to speak Shath'Yar — the language of the Old Gods.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Now increases all spell damage by 10% (was 20% shadow damage). Cooldown on Mind Blast is now reduced by 1.5 seconds, down from 3.
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Now increases Shadow damage by 20% (was 30%). No longer grants Lingering Insanity (now a separate talent).
- Hotfix (2016-11-14): "Voidform's Insanity drain now begins at 8 Insanity per second (down from 9), but will increase at a 10% faster rate"
- Developers' Notes: We want to reduce the maximum amount of time that [Surrender to Madness] can be maintained, without significantly impacting Shadow otherwise. Our intent in this hotfix is that it's still effective to use Surrender similarly to how it is currently used, but that its maximum potential in ideal situations is slightly less extreme.
- Hotfix (2016-09-26): "Voidform stacks no longer increase while Dispersion is active."
- Developers' Notes: We would prefer that [Surrender to Madness] not be as dominant as it is, and that it can't be extended for quite so long. However, addressing this further would require significant changes to the spec beyond what we want to do in a tuning pass at this time. We will look for an opportunity to take a more comprehensive look at this issue in a future patch.