|This article is a location stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|Level: 110 - 120
Battle Pet Level: 25
|Sources: Battle for Azeroth|
The unforgiving desert of Vol'dun is one of the three regions of Zandalar. Previously a vibrant and lush jungle, Vol'dun is now a virtually uninhabitable, vast sea of dunes dreaded by all Zandalari, for to be exiled to its endless wastes is a sure sentence of death. And yet somehow, the willy nomads known as the vulpera have managed to eke out an existence here, despite facing constant threat from the sethrak, a brutal snakelike race determined to reign over this arid wasteland.
According to Vorrik, long ago, the C'Thrax Mythrax the Unraveler descended upon Vol'dun, slaughtering troll and sethrak alike. The loa Sethraliss sacrificed herself to save them by defeating Mythrax, but not before the C'Thrax was able to destroy the disc at the heart of Atul'Aman According to Vorrik, the power unleashed from the pyramid's destruction was immense and forever altered Vol'dun. However, Vorrik has also stated that it was with Sethraliss' death that the jungles of Vol'dun withered to sand.
After witnessing the destruction firsthand, the sethrak knew that something had to be done to prevent anyone from raising Mythrax again. Sulthis, Vorrik, and Korthek worked together to seal Mythrax within the great pyramid. Years later, Korthek grew power hungry and sought to free Mythrax to conquer Zuldazar. He gathered like-minded sethrak and declared himself emperor of the Faithless.
Maps and subregions
|Instance name||Level range||Group size||Approximate run time|
|Temple of Sethraliss||110 - 120||5 player||Unknown|
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Nazmir||110 - 120||East||???|
|Zuldazar||110 - 120||South||???|
- Main article: Vol'dun NPCs
- Main article: Vol'dun storyline
- Main article: Vol'dun vignettes
Notes and trivia
- At BlizzCon 2017, Vol'dun's transformation from a jungle to a desert was explained as being due to the aqir armies of the Old Gods attacking the region. However, the aqir are never mentioned in-game, and Vol'dun's state is instead attributed to the battle between Mythrax and Sethraliss. It was also stated that "players will face off against Aqir, Zandalari vagabonds, and the Sethrak", yet aqir are never seen in-game. Finally, there exist many silithid fossil models in the Vol'dun files, but they were never used. This means that Vol'dun's backstory seems to have been changed since its announcement at BlizzCon and the release of Battle for Azeroth.
"Feng Desert" concept art by Cole Eastburn.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.
- ^ Tales of de Loa: Sethraliss
- ^ File:Blizzard Museum - Zandalar.jpg
- ^ a b c BlizzCon 2017 World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Panel Transcript - Page 3 of 12 - Blizzplanet (2017-11-04). Retrieved on 2018-09-10.
- ^ a b Vorrik#Quotes: Vorrik says: This temple is the resting place of Sethraliss, a powerful loa that protected my people from destruction long ago. / She sacrificed herself to stop Mythrax... but with her death, the jungles of Vol'dun withered to sand.
- ^ a b
- ^ Tales of de Loa: Sethraliss
- ^ a b c
- ^ a b c d
- ^ BlizzPro's transcript of BlizzCon 2017