- For the Shimmering Expanse quest, see .
24 (Requires 21)
Use the powers of the Whirling Vortex to slay Lord Magmathar.
- Lord Magmathar slain
("Lord Magmathar: The very essence of Thunder Peak. Snuff him out!")
The time has come, <name>. When you have steeled yourself we will speak again and I will summon forth a whirling vortex to speed your way up to the skies over Thunder Peak.
Channel the power of the Earthen Ring through the elemental to slay Lord Magmathar so that we may bring him into balance once more.
You've done it! The spirits were right after all!
The power of fire is subdued and the four elements are returned to harmony.
The rest of Ashenvale is spared this fiery fate. You have the eternal thanks of the Earthen Ring.
- 2400 XP
Speak with The Vortex again after accepting the quest:
- I am ready to be one with the whirling vortex and defeat Lord Magmathar.
The player will become a Whirling Vortex with 3255 health and the following abilities:
- Key 1. Sky Lightning 100 yd range Blasts Lord Magmathar with lightning, inflicting 24 to 29 Nature damage. (2 sec cooldown)
- Key 2. Vortex Vengeance 100 yd range Envelope Lord Magmathar with the power of The Vortex, dealing 278 to 322 Nature damage and inflicting 225 additional Nature damage every 3 sec. for 9 sec. (9 sec cooldown)
- Key 3. Extinguish Flames Extinguish Lord Magmathar's . May be used once every 15 seconds. (15 sec cooldown)
- Key 5. Return to The Vortex Return you and the whirling vortex to The Vortex at the southern edge of Thunder Peak. May only be used if you are already circling Lord Magmathar.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.