Vrykul primer (official translations)
- Geirrivif = Spear-Wife. (Additionally, geirr is Old Norse for spear, and vif is wife.)
- Rualg nja gaborr! = Stand and die!
- Tirisfal = Tyr's Fall.
- Ugglin oo bjorr! = Speak or perish!
- Valhalas = Halls of Valor. Also the name of an Ymirjar arena in Icecrown.
- Var-jogg gramalch! = Kill them all!
- Wyrgn ak! = Sniveling pig!
- Yrkvinn = A practitioner of illusions.
Untranslated words or phrases
- Bjornharta means bear heart.
- Bjorns mottar haelgond sygar!, to which Bjorn replies, "No one speaks of my mother in that manner!"
- Bolvin umyol marnjar. = said by General Bjarngrim.
- Drottinn = a title. (Dróttinn being Old Norse for 'leader of a band' or 'lord'.)
- Folvynn buul hrom onn! = said by Sjonnir The Ironshaper.
- Haraak foln! = said by Thane Banahogg.
- Jarggn olkt! = said by Skarvald the Constructor.
- Mordvigbjorn = a rare mob in Stormheim.
- Kur Drakkar = kvaldir ship at Garrosh's Landing.
- Mjor na uul kval! = said by Skadi the Ruthless.
- Mjul orm agn gjor! = said by Ingvar the Plunderer.
- "Bjarn", often refers to "Bear"
- "Bjarngrim = "Bjarngrímur" in Icelandic.
- "Bjorns mottar haelgond sygar!", which closely resembles the Icelandic phrase, "Bjorns móðir, Haelgond, sýgur!", which means: "Bjorn's mother, Haelgond, sucks!"
- "Dottar" = "Daughter"
- "Mottar" = "Mother"
It is possible that the Common language originated from or is a dialect of the Vrykul language, as many words are similar. However it should be noted that Common shares many of the same words from Gnome and Dwarven languages as well which would imply a possible connection to the Titan language.
- Much like other parts of vrykul culture, their language is heavily based on Scandinavian languages, particularly Old Norse. Bjorn, Ingvar, and most other vrykul names are actually Scandinavian and Icelandic names, and their language also looks a lot like Icelandic, which can be partly understood by Icelandic players.