- This article is about the playable race. For the vulpera lore, see vulpera. For the in-game faction, see Voldunai.
Vulpera are an upcoming allied race affiliated with the Horde. They will become available in in patch 8.3.0.
- Main article: Vulpera
Clever and resourceful, the vulpera of Vol’dun have survived amidst the sands for generations. Eager to join the ranks of the Horde, their caravans have departed from the dunes in search of adventure.
The serpentine sethrak have taken to subjugating anyone they can as slaves, and the vulpera are an easy target for their machinations. If you’ve taken steps to liberate the vulpera from these overseers, they’ll join the Horde on the battlefield.
Creation screen description
Clever and resourceful, the vulpera of Vol'dun have survived amidst the sands for generations. Eager to join the ranks of the Horde, their caravans have departed from the dunes in search of adventure.
Vulpera can be unlocked by Horde players who have gained Exalted reputation with the Voldunai and earned the achievement [Secrets in the Sand].
- Main articles: Jokes#Vulpera male, Jokes#Vulpera female
- Main articles: Flirt#Vulpera male, Flirt#Vulpera female
Notes and trivia
- Vulpera were speculated by fans to be a potential future allied race since the start of Battle for Azeroth due to having an unusually large suite of customization options for a non-playable race that only appears in a significant way in a single zone. At the time, Blizzard responded by stating that setting up certain races this way is advantageous for development and that it was not necessarily a sign that vulpera were planned to become playable. When vulpera were officially announced as a Horde allied race in October 2019, Ion Hazzikostas acknowledged this by jokingly stating that playable vulpera were a "shock to everyone, I'm sure".
- Vulpera hunters start with a serpent pet.