- This article is about the playable race. For the vulpera lore, see vulpera. For the in-game faction, see Voldunai.
- Main article: Vulpera
Clever and resourceful, the vulpera of Vol’dun have survived amidst the sands for generations. Eager to join the ranks of the Horde, their caravans have departed from the dunes in search of adventure.
The serpentine sethrak have taken to subjugating anyone they can as slaves, and the vulpera are an easy target for their machinations. If you’ve taken steps to liberate the vulpera from these overseers, they’ll join the Horde on the battlefield.
Creation screen description
Clever and resourceful, the vulpera of Vol'dun have survived amidst the sands for generations. Eager to join the ranks of the Horde, their caravans have departed from the dunes in search of adventure.
Kiro: We vulpera have always been resourceful. No matter the adversity, we do what it takes to survive... and keep our family strong. The Horde helped us when we needed it, and now it's time to return the favor. A fair trade, if you ask me. A whole world of adventure is awaiting you out there. Explore it and become a hero. For the vulpera... and for the Horde!
Players must then complete the following recruitment questline:
|Increases the size of your backpack by 8 slots.|
|Bag of Tricks (racial) - 2.5 min cooldown|
|Use a trick on an enemy to damage them, or an ally to heal them.|
|Rummage Your Bag - 5 min cooldown|
|Change the contents of your Bag of Tricks. Now where did you put that… ?|
|Fire Resistance (racial) - Passive|
|Take less damage from fire.|
|- No cooldown|
|Set your camp location outdoors.|
|- 1 hour cooldown|
|Teleport back to your camp location.|
|Nose For Trouble - Passive|
|Take less damage from the first strike inflicted by an enemy.|
- Main articles: Jokes#Vulpera male, Jokes#Vulpera female
- Main articles: Flirt#Vulpera male, Flirt#Vulpera female
Notes and trivia
- Vulpera were speculated by fans to be a potential future allied race since the start of Battle for Azeroth due to having an unusually large suite of customization options for a non-playable race that only has a significant role in a single zone. At the time, Blizzard responded by stating that setting up certain races this way is advantageous for development and that it was not necessarily a sign that vulpera were planned to become playable. When vulpera were officially announced as a Horde allied race in October 2019, Ion Hazzikostas acknowledged this by jokingly stating that playable vulpera were a "shock to everyone, I'm sure".
- Vulpera hunters start with a serpent pet.
- The dance animation of both male and female vulpera is a reference to the Norwegian comedy duo Ylvis' 2013 song and viral music video "What Does the Fox Say?".
- The vulpera are the first allied race to join the Horde when the organization wasn't under the leadership of Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner.
- During early builds of patch 8.3, vulpera had a passive racial trait named . It was replaced by prior to release.
- Patch 8.3.0 (2020-01-14): Added.
- ^ a b World of Warcraft 2019-10-07. Watch the New Developer Content Update Preview (12:48). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-10-07.
- ^ a b Blizzard Entertainment 2019-10-07. New Allied Races Preview: Vulpera and Mechagnomes!. Archived from the original on 2019-10-08.
- ^ Ornyx 2018-02-07. Vulpera Race 100% CONFIRMED!. Retrieved on 2019-10-07. “As we mentioned when race information for Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves was datamined during the development of patch 7.3, we’ve found that setting up certain races as though they were player characters can be highly advantageous for NPC customization in story content. While those races did become Allied Races later, we still intend to use this approach for non-playable races. Please don’t take a race being datamined in this way as an indication that it will become playable in the future! :)”