Vultures are carrion birds that can be found throughout the drier areas of Kalimdor — seeking carnage upon which to feed. The mottled scavengers have been known to aid the vile harpies from time to time — drawn by the promise of freshly slain flesh and blood. They have also been seen in Outland, but with two heads.
Vulture critters also appeared in Warcraft III.
- Angered Arakkoa Protectors can be summoned in Blade's Edge Mountains.
- Barrens Vultures can be found in the Northern Barrens.
- Bonelashers can be found in the Terokkar Forest.
- Bonestripper Vultures appear in Hellfire Peninsula.
- Carrion Bird mobs and Diseased Vultures are found in Uldum.
- Carrion Vultures can be found in Townlong Steppes.
- Darktail Bonepickers, Bonepicker Felfeeders appear in the Blasted Lands since the Cataclysm.
- Fleshrippers, Young Fleshrippers and Greater Fleshrippers are found in Westfall.
- Sky Shadows can be found in the Deadwind Pass.
- Summit Bonestrippers can be found in Kun-Lai Summit.
- Thrashtalon Vultures can be found in Gorgrond.
Removed or Extinct
- Cataclysm, the Carrion Vultures of the Western Plaguelands have gone extinct. Due to the
- Salt Flats Vultures were wiped out during the Cataclysm. Their corpses can still be found floating in Thousand Needles. The scavenger variation has also gone extinct, but their corpses aren't found in-game.
- Bonechewer is a rare ghostly vulture on the top of a Scarlet Palisade's tower in Tirisfal Glades.
- is a rare two-headed vulture, who can be found in the Eastern Plaguelands.
- is a rare two-headed vulture found in the Western Plaguelands.
- is a rare vulture, who can be found in the Blasted Lands. He has a two-headed model, so he presumably comes from Outland.
- and his mate can be found the Terokkar Forest. He is considered the king of the boneflayers.
- is a rare mob found in Westfall.
As a Hunter's Pet
- Main article: Carrion bird
- Patch 8.0.1 (NYI): Single-head model updated.