- For the dungeon, see Wailing Caverns.
Wailing Critters is the first pet-battle scenario that involves one player going back to the Wailing Caverns to investigate a disturbance.
- 1 Lore
- 2 Getting started
- 3 Reward
- 4 Geography
- 5 Stages
- 6 Quests
- 7 Dungeon denizens
- 8 Notes
- 9 Patch changes
- 10 External links
After the defeat of the Druids of the Fang and the awakening of Naralex, the caverns fell under the care of Muyani, a disciple of Naralex. For a long time, the caverns where silent until Muyani started sending distress letters to Lio the Lioness and Serr'ah. The two decide to send a well trained adventurer to help Muyani out.
Arriving in the left eye of the skull at Lushwater Oasis, Muyani explains the situation. She speaks about how wails have been heard in the caverns for some time since Naralex was awakened. While she suspected that some deviate critters had survived, further investigation show that they did and are multiplying out of control. She suspects that the critters have something to do with corpse of Verdan the Everliving.
After taking him inside the cavern, the adventurer fights himself through a group of Deviate Smallclaw, Deviate Chomper, and Deviate Flapper. After the cavern grow more silent, the Son of Skum appears.
Son of Skum is knocked out and the adventurer makes his way uphill to Verdan the Everliving. Along the way, he finds the pets of Lady Anacondra, Lord Pythas, Lord Cobrahn, Lord Serpentis. After the taking out their pets, the adventurer encounters and deals with Growing Ectoplasms.
At the top of the caverns, the adventurer encounters a shadowy figure in the shape of a tauren. Sleeping by the corpse of Verdan the Everliving. Startled by the adventurer, the tauren wakes up and tells the adventurer that he have have cause the problem in the caverns and that he must deal with the spore of Verdan while he escapes. The shadowy figure jumps off the ledge and uses a kite to glide. The adventurer turns his attentions to the spore and kills it before it grows to Verdan size.
Returning to Muyani, she says she has seen the shadowy figure leave but doesn't believe that this is the last we have heard of him.
- is rewarded for completing .
- is rewarded from .
- is earned from .
Stage 1 - Deviated Dangers
- Deviate the deviate critter that are flourishing in the caverns.
- 0/1 Deviate Smallclaw defeated
0/1 Deviate Chomper defeated
0/1 Deviate Flapper defeated
For this part, you will have to fight a set of pets that come in the form of Deviate Smallclaws, Deviate Chompers, and Deviate Flappers. They are normal critter rarity and will also appear later on as secondary pets with other bosses.
Stage 2 - Son of Skum
- The Son of Skum has awakened and blocks your way!
- 0/1 Son of Skum defeated
The Son of Skum is a Beast type pet. He has the Boss buff, which means he take 50% less damage and can only be injured for 35% of his health each turn. However, even if you defeat him, he will always be accompanied by either Deviate Smallclaws, Deviate Chompers, or Deviate Flappers. All pets need to die for you to win. So even, if you defeat him, make sure your remaining pets can take the rest.
|Son of Skum|
|Thunderclap (pet battle ability)|
Stage 3 - Legacy of Fangs
- Battle the companions of cavern's former druid inhabitants.
- 0/1 Phyxia defeated
0/1 Dreadcoil defeated
0/1 Vilefang defeated
Phyxia, Dreadcoil and Vilefang are Beast type pet. They are all uncommon green rarity quality. However, even if you defeat them, they will always be accompanied by either Deviate Smallclaws, Deviate Chompers, or Deviate Flappers. All pets need to die for you to win. So even, if you defeat them, make sure your remaining pets can take the rest.
Stage 4 - Call of the Serpent
- Serpentis' own pet waits for you ahead.
- 0/1 Hiss defeated
Hiss is an epic Beast type pet. He has the Boss buff, which means he take 50% less damage and can only be injured for 35% of his health each turn.
Stage 5 - Ectoplasmic Growth
- Deviate ectoplasm continues to grow within the cavern. Clear it out.
- 0/2 Growing Ectoplasm defeated
Growing Ectoplasms are rare magic type pet. He was the Elite buff, which means he take 50% less damage. However, even if you defeat them, they will always be accompanied by either Deviate Smallclaws, Deviate Chompers, or Deviate Flappers. All pets need to die for you to win. So even, if you defeat them, make sure your remaining pets can take the rest.
Stage 6 - Confront Shadowy Figure
- Someone else is here! Confront them!
- 0/1 Shadowy Figure confronted
Simply go to the top and walk up to the shadowy figure sleeping on the ground and a small even occurs. Wait for it to finish for the next stage.
- Shadowy Figure says: Hey! Whoa there!
The shadowy figure gets up.
- Shadowy Figure says: You really shouldn't sneak up on people like that.
- Shadowy Figure says: Ruined a perfectly good nap.
The shadowy figure moves to a cliff.
- Shadowy Figure says: Me. I'm not much of a fighter.
- Shadowy Figure says: It's tough to savour a juicy slab of boar meat when you've got a bloody lip. Known what I mean?
- Shadowy Figure says: So listen up. While you deal with this little mess I may or may not have caused. I'm going to make a dramatic exit.
- Shadowy Figure says: Errr... wait. I should say something cool and memorable before I go.
- Shadowy Figure says: Uh... This is harder than it looks! Have YOU ever tried to come up with a sweet catchphrase right on the spot?
- Shadowy Figure says: Hmph. I've got nothing.
The shadowy figure jumps off a cliff and uses a kite to glide.
- Shadowy Figure says: Oh well. Be seeing you!
Final Stage - Everliving
- A spore of Verdan the Everliving is re-growing. Destroy it before it grows to full strength.
- 0/1 Budding Everliving Spore defeated
Budding Everliving Spore is a legendary Elemental type pet.He has the Boss buff, which means he take 50% less damage and can only be injured for 35% of his health each turn.
|Budding Everliving Spore|
The following bosses are present in the Wailing Caverns:
- Deviate Smallclaw
- Deviate Chomper
- Deviate Flapper
- Son of Skum
- Growing Ectoplasm
- Budding Everliving Spore
When complete the scenario for the first time, Manapoof gives you a free ride to the Wailing Caverns.
- Patch 7.2.0 (2017-03-28): Added.