|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a but is present in World of Warcraft: Classic.
60 (Requires 60)
Cenarion Circle +1,000
- Waking Legends.
The waters of Lake Elune'ara should dissolve the nightmares engulfing this object. Give me a moment to perform the cleansing, <name>.
You will also receive:
Take his ring, <name>. It has served its purpose for Malfurion. It shall now serve a new purpose for you...
This is a simple walk to the Lake, and listen to chat. If you don't follow Keeper Remulos to the lake, the quest fails (just abandon and retake it).
- Keeper Remulos says: Come, <name>. The lake is around the bend.
- Keeper Remulos walks down to the edge of Lake Elune'ara.
- Keeper Remulos says: Stand near me, <name>. I will protect you should anything go wrong.
- Keeper Remulos throws the item in the water. Upon reaching the water's surface, a small explosion is created. Shortly after, Malfurion Stormrage appears in a beam of light. His darkened image hovers in the air above the water.
- Keeper Remulos says: Malfurion!
- Malfurion Stormrage says: Remulos, old friend. It is good to see you once more. I knew the message would find its way to you – one way or another.
- Keeper Remulos says: It was shrouded in nightmares, Malfurion. What is happening in the Dream? What could cause such atrocities?
- Malfurion Stormrage says: I fear for the worst, old friend. Within the Dream we fight a new foe, born of an ancient evil. Ysera's noble brood has fallen victim to the old whisperings. It seems as if the Nightmare has broken through the realm to find a new host on Azeroth.
- Keeper Remulos says: I sensed as much, Malfurion. Dark days loom ahead.
- Malfurion Stormrage says: Aye Remulos, prepare the mortal races.
- Keeper Remulos says: You have been gone too long, Malfurion. Peace between the Children of Azeroth has become tenuous at best. What of my father? Of your brother? Have you any news?
- Malfurion Stormrage says: Cenarius fights at my side. Illidan sits atop his throne in Outland – brooding. I'm afraid that the loss to Arthas proved to be his breaking point. Madness has embraced him, Remulos. He replays the events in his mind a thousand times per day, but in his mind, he is the victor and Arthas is utterly defeated. He is too far gone, old friend. I fear that the time may soon come that our bond is tested and it will not be as it was at the Well in Zin-Azshari.
- Malfurion Stormrage says: Remulos, I am being drawn back... Tyrande... send her my love... Tell her I am safe... Tell her... Tell her I will return... Farewell...
- Keeper Remulos says: Farewell, old friend... Farewell...
- Keeper Remulos says: Let us return to the grove, mortal.
- The image of Malfurion disappears, and Keeper Remulos walks back up to his usual location.