90 (Requires 89)
+250 The Anglers
- Bring Dog to the Silt Vents
- Bring Dog to the Wreck of the Mist-Hopper
- Bring Dog to the Whale Corpse
Dog ain't my "pet." He's a member of this crew, and my best friend. Saved my life more than once, you know.
But I'm gettin' too old to walk him anymore, and he still needs his exercise. Take Dog for a trip around the shelf for me, would ya?
He loves to swim through the hot geysers just southeast of the shallows.
He absolutely has to... er... "leave his mark" on the dead whale at the far western edge of the shelf.
Oh, and he'll want to visit our old shipwreck, too. He likes to reminisce.
Dog deserves all the freedom the sea has to offer him - I've tried to set him free, but he won't go.
Best we can do anymore is take him out for walks now and then.
How did it go? I hope he didn't cause too much trouble!
- 236000 XP
- +250 reputation with The Anglers
Out in the open water, summon Dog using . Dog immediately turns around and offers , so accept it.
The Silt Vents are on the northeast end of the Shelf of Mazu, almost due west from Soggy's Gamble.
- Dog swims excitedly through the vents of warm water.
The Wreck of the Mist-Hopper is just southwest of the silt vents.
- Dog rubs against the prow of the Mist-Hopper and whimpers.
Finally, southwest, just offshore of Zan'vess, is the whale corpse.
- Dog looks around cautiously before leaving his mark on the whale corpse.
Crab pots are all over the seafloor, and merely interacting with them is enough to get them up to the surface. Kill Longfin Threshers, loot their Thresher Jaws, and extract from them, 22-30 at a time. Carefully. Last but not least, kill Rockshell Snapclaws so Dog can eat them.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.