The war room, also known as the map room, is located inside Stormwind Keep, to the right and southeast of the central throne room as you enter from the main hall of the keep. Weapons of war line the walls, everything from blunderbusses to swords to even three cannons. There are areas piled high with books about military strategy and its signature map table at the room's center where Alliance military leaders plan their strategies. It is the location of all the battlemasters, which moved into this room from the throne room in Patch 2.0.1. It is also here where players can turn off their experience point gain by paying Behsten.
- Behsten <Experience Eliminator>
- Alison Devay <Battlemaster>
- Devin Fardale <Battlemaster>
- Gend Goldwing <Twin Peaks Battlemaster>
- Mithras Ironhill
- Stormwind Mage
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
- When he was a small boy, Anduin would sneak into the room and play with figures representing soldiers.
- It contains a large map of Stormwind.
- Before Cataclysm, the room was a subzone named War Room, but now it is not a subzone anymore.
- The room can be seen in Lords of War and in the Mists of Pandaria Alliance intro cinematic.
- The room received a major redesign with Cataclysm. Among other things, it was moved to its former location beyond the northeastern door, behind the central throne room, to its current location to the southeast.
- This room was opened up and had all the battleground masters placed within due to the Onyxia chain quest in which Onyxia called forth her minions to fight the player, causing low level players not able to join a battleground until the fight was over.
- Patch 6.0.3 (2014-10-28): Portal to Ashran added.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Grand Admiral Jes-Tereth moved away.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Room redesigned, no longer a subzone.