- For the Doomguard ability, see .
- When the tauren put their foot down, people pay attention.
Although it has a 0.5 second cast and the stun duration is not that lengthy, it may still create time for spellcasting. Unfortunately, auto-attacks will not trigger while a target is stunned on account of this ability, though special abilities will. For example, a tauren warrior will land no auto-attacks on the stunned target until War Stomp's effect has faded, but abilities such as and can still be used normally.
- If you are close to your target, War Stomp can be used as a spell interruption ability.
Tips and tactics
- If your enemy has no other movement-impairing effects on them, do not attempt to run from the fight after you War Stomp them. It will not last long enough and they will easily catch up to you after it wears off. Healing yourself or crowd controlling them is more ideal.
- Always put this ability on the ability bar; it can be very handy in PvP and PvE situations.
- Since the ability does not affect the global cooldown for a full 1.5 seconds, you can immediately cast a small heal after it if you are a shaman or a druid.
- Patch 6.2.2 (2015-09-01): Now has a reduced cooldown of 1.5 minutes (down from 2 minutes), and cast time is no longer increased by damage (via spell pushback).
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Can now be used while shapeshifted.
- Patch 1.2.0 (2004-12-18): A bug causing war stomp to not affect some targets within melee range has been fixed.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Added.