May 3, 2016
Paperback, Audiobook, Digital
Warcraft: Durotan is a novel by Christie Golden, intended as a prequel to the Warcraft film. The book explains the situation on Draenor prior to the invasion of Azeroth, with Durotan as the main character.
An original tale of survival, conflict and magic that leads directly into the events of the eagerly-anticipated blockbuster movie. In the realm of Draenor, the strong and fiercely independent Frostwolf Clan are faced with increasingly harsh winters and thinning herds. When Gul'dan, a mysterious outsider, arrives in Frostfire Ridge offering word of new hunting lands, Durotan, the Clan's chieftain, must make an impossible decision: Abandon the territory, pride and traditions of his people, or lead them into the unknown.
Set in the film universe, Durotan is a new story that corresponds with and sets up the movie continuity and canon, and differs from the game continuity. There are some similarities and some differences with Rise of the Horde. Despite differences in plot and setting, all characters are intended to be "true to themselves".
- This novel was announced with the working title Warcraft: The Official Movie Prequel Novel.
- ^ a b Amazon listing
- ^ Christie Golden on Twitter (2015-11-06). Retrieved on 2016-06-14. “Set up the situation on Draenor w/Durotan as main char. Speaks to the movie continuity/lore.”
- ^ Christie Golden on Twitter (2015-10-27). Retrieved on 2016-06-14. “New story for movie continuity :)”
- ^ Christie Golden on Twitter (2015-11-08). Retrieved on 2016-06-14. “The prequel is being written in order to reflect the movie canon. So it's canon for the movie. :D”
- ^ Christie Golden on Twitter (2015-11-25). Retrieved on 2016-06-14. “Fresh story that corresponds with and sets up movie continuity. :D Loved writing this.”
- ^ Christie Golden on Twitter (2015-11-12). Retrieved on 2016-06-14. “It differs from game continuity in some areas, yes. Not my place to definitively say anything about anything being canon/non.”
- ^ Christie Golden on Twitter (2016-03-24). Retrieved on 2016-06-14. “Durotan is the movie's version. Some similarities, some differences. All characters true to themselves though!”