Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
Warcraft II: Battle Chest
- For the game included in this pack, see Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition.
|Warcraft II: Battle Chest|
December 10, 1999
In early 1999, this package was originally called the Warcraft II: Platinum Edition or just Warcraft II: Platinum and later the Warcraft II: Battle Chest Platinum.
Warcraft is finally hitting Battle.net with WarCraft II Platinum. Blizzard is offering it's easy to use, and free service to WarCraft II. It is selling for $35 (suggested retail price), with a substantial rebate for Warcraft II owners. It combines WarCraft II as well as WarCraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal into one game with 2 veteran campaigns added. Almost 70 scenarios total! Has multiplayer support for up to 8 players on the network, direct link, modem, and the Internet. Has the same Unique player IDs and worldwide rank system as StarCraft. Will come with a collection of Blizzard approved multiplayer maps. It also contains Blizzard's spawning technology for up to 8 players to play on one CD. Still compatible with the DOS version of WarCraft II via modem, or network. Will be available this holiday season. We recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of the classic RTS game that started it all. With so many campaign scenarios as well as the multiplayer feature this game is quite appealing to players who are fond of single or multi play.
- Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition
- Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Seamless one-click free access to online gaming via Battle.net. Blizzard charges no hourly or monthly fees for gameplay.
- Two all-new Orc and Human veteran campaigns that increase the number of Warcraft II missions to nearly 70 scenarios in all.
- Multiplayer support for as many as eight players via modem, network, direct link and the Internet.
- Unique player IDs and worldwide rankings for challenge ladders on Battle.net.
- Collection of Blizzard signed and approved multiplayer maps.
- Blizzard's spawning technology that allows up to eight players to compete over Battle.net by installing multiple copies from the original CD-ROM.
- Support for Win95/98/NT, Mac
- Compatibility with the DOS version of Warcraft II via network or modem.