|Location||The Sludge Fields, Hillsbrad Foothills|
This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.
He disagrees with Sylvanas's decision to recruit the Val'kyr into the Forsaken ranks, preferring to use blight to create new undead. He has conducted a number of experiments in what is now the Sludge Fields, but they have gone horribly wrong.
When one first meets the Warden he is nervous and does not want his actions to get back to the Dark Lady. To this end he will instruct adventurers first to survey the area then to destroy the evidence of his failures. After the adventurer destroys the evidence the Warden will send them to find Johnny Awesome, whom the Warden calls Jenny. The adventurer discovers the imprisoned Apothecary Lydon, who reveals that Stillwater has been experimenting on the humans of Hillsbrad and that his experiments have the side effect of turning Forsaken into mindless zombies. Following this revelation the adventurer helps Lydon - along with Johnny, who refuses to be left behind - kill Stillwater. During the battle, he transformed into a monstrosity, but was killed. Lydon took his head and said he would deliver it to the Dark Lady.
Warden Stillwater also acts as the main antagonist of the Plants vs. Ghouls storyline, his rogue creations having been harassing Brazie the Botanist at the Brazie Farmstead. After the adventurer reaches the final quest of the chain, Stillwater himself appears to crush Brazie and take control of the farm, using blight beakers to kill his plants and summoning obelisks to defend himself.
This section concerns content related to Legion.
Battle for Azeroth
This section concerns content related to Battle for Azeroth.
This section contains information that needs to be cleaned up. Reason: beta.wowdb.com
Warden Stillwater raises untold numbers of undead to assault Gilneas in the Sludge Fields, but is defeated by Alliance champions.
At the Sludge Fields:
- Plague Barrel - Hurls a plague barrel into the distance.
- Plague Slime - Inflicts 30 nature damage every 3 sec. for 9 seconds.
- SMASH! - Smashes all enemies in a 10 yard radius for 30-39 damage!
At the Brazie Farmstead:
- Stillwater can can drop 3 Obelisks that will block your plant's attacks.
- Stillwater will also lob damaging flasks of Blight at your plants.
At the Sludge Fields
- These glorious fields weren't always here, <class>. Only through determination and the strength of will did we turn the decrepit human farms into Lordaeron's largest and most productive sludge and mushroom plantation.
- Now all of that could be lost due to a simple accident!
- Warden Stillwater says: Lydon!? Alive?
- Warden Stillwater says: Now I know where your allegiance lie, <player>!
- Warden Stillwater says: And you, Jenny? I thought we had a connection. You've broken my heart for the last time.
- Master Apothecary Lydon says: Warden Stillwater, you are deranged and a threat to our way of life. By authority of the Dark Lady herself, I hereby impose upon you the harshest penalty allowed under Forsaken law -true death.
- Master Apothecary Lydon says: That goes for all of you traitorous scum who supported this fool!
- Master Apothecary Lydon says: KNEEL!
- Warden Stillwater says: I AM A THREAT? I AM DERANGED?!
- Warden Stillwater says: What I've created here is an evolution! THIS is how the Forsaken will thrive, not through some magical winged fairy sprinkling happy dust on corpses!
- Warden Stillwater says: Kill them all! They will serve as test subjects for our next study!
- Warden Stillwater yells: You think you've won? THINK AGAIN! Stand before my new form and tremble!
At Brazie's Farmstead
- Warden Stillwater yells: Enough fooling around. It's time for some hands-on management!
- Warden Stillwater yells: Enough of your pesky pea-shooters. Let them shoot at this!
- Warden Stillwater yells: What?! No! This lawn... was... mine...
- What... what IS this!? How could I... Stop them! You must!
- Despite the fact that Stillwater was supposed to have been beheaded in Cataclysm, he still re-appeared in the Legion Invasions, alongside other Hillsbrad NPCs who were supposed to have died during quest chains such as Captain Crudbeard, Instructor Rufus, and Drill Sergeant Magnus.
- The Battle for Azeroth mission in which the Alliance defeats him at the Sludge Fields is a reference to the popular zombie survival series, Dead Rising, and involves the Alliance defeating a horde of undead headed for Gilneas.
He may be related to Advisor Stillwater.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.