|This article concerns content exclusive to Battle for Azeroth and is subject to change at any time as development progresses.
This article should only contain officially released content, such as beta and press release content. See Wowpedia's policy on posting unreleased content.
The Warfronts are large scale PvE conflicts on the homefront introduced in Battle for Azeroth. Warfronts won't always be active meaning they could be scheduled like the Timewalking or the Invasion Points.
- 20 player cooperative raid versus NPC armies.
- Fantasy anchored in Warcraft III RTS roots.
- Gather resources.
- Which you can place into whatever you'd like to help build.
- Working together will help build structures faster.
- Research upgrades.
- Lead troops that spawn from the barracks, after building it.
Similar to the RTS games that this feature pulls from, players will need to gather four types of resources: Leather, Iron, Wood and Food.
Players will have to establish a base that they will expand by gathering resources, similar to how it was done in Warcraft III. Every player will be able to deposit their resources in the building they wish to build, and when it has enough, it will be automatically built by peons for the Horde, and peasants for the Alliance. It would be advised if players agreed to build a building together, as if they do it this way it would be built much faster.
Once the buildings are done, you will be able to create an army, like in Warcraft III, that players will lead against the enemy, and also to defend the base against any attack. The objective will be taking down the enemy Commander, but be aware as there are different types of commanders. A dwarven commander may have upgraded rifleman while a human commander may have upgraded knights.
Like in Warcraft III, there will be neutral goblin merchants from which you will be able to buy materials. Also there will be a research building from where you will be able to investigate upgrades for the troops and your base.
Once the enemy base is destroyed and the commander killed, you would have won the Warfront.
Stromgarde is the only announced Warfront, but there are definitely more planned. The goal is to have a rotation of different locations by the time all the patches are out.
Notes & trivia
- Armor sets for the Alliance and the Horde are planned as Warfront rewards.
- Controlling Warfronts will change the zones they are located at, in favor of your faction.
- The amount of time you control a Warfront is based on the speed the enemy faction can gather the resources required to attack.
- Warfront rewards