|Location||Dread Wastes, Terrace of Gurthan|
|Status||Deceased (Lore) / Killable (WoW)|
Death From Above
Warlord Gurthan was a tamer of beasts and leader of the mogu defenses on the Serpent's Spine. When Hixin used a parchment that Gurthan had written but never issued to trick Taskmaster Xuexing into using the huatang in battle, thus earning the latter's death Gurthan revealed that he had became aware of the plot. As such when Hixen tried to plead his case, the Warlord did not hesitate to order his quilen in order to kill his former adviser.
When Fulmin suggested using relic in their possession beat back and invade mantid lands as the huatang was meant to do an unconvinced Gurthan remarked that the relic was not a weapon. However Fulmin was able to convince the Warlord to let him use the relic in battle and Gurthan agreed, though warned Fulmin was risking his life since the relic is unstable. With the relic successfully cutting off the connection from the Empress and the rest of the Mantid, Gurthan was noted to have smiled at the panic and pain shown by the mantid swarm.
Fulmin, once again, came to his master and showed him a way to house the Queen's remains after conquering the mantid. However Gurthan was surprised to learn Fulmin had devised that a through an arcane spell, the Mogu could trap the Mantid queen's spirit in an urn which could then be called forth to show the other Mogu tribes of Gurthan's success against the Mantid. A pleased Gurthan remarked that Fulmin would receive more responsibilities in the future and then ordered him to teach him the spell, as he intended to crush the mantid that day.
When the Mantid Empress was moved, as part of a plan by The Klaxxi, Gurthan ordered his warriors to attack the mantid and while guarded the relic. As the Klaxxi and Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver decimated the Mogu that remained the Warlord ordered Fulmin to leave and safeguard the artifact in order to keep the mantid swarm docile. With his guards died and Ninil'ko the Bloodcaller and the Wind-Reaver before him Gurthan decided to use the spell Fulmin taught him on himself to ensure that the mantid could not kill him. With his spirit forever trapped in the urn, if it would even be damaged it would merely return to the run instead of being destroyed.
- To summon Warlord Gurthan one player must lay (by using the macro /lay) in the Rune of the Earth and another must kneel (by using the macro /kneel) in the Rune of the Sun. Both the ruins are located next to each other at the Terrace of Gurthan, in front of Warlord Gurthan's Urn and Gurthan's Epitaph.
- Players do not need to be grouped together to claim the .
- He can only be summoned if the Klaxxi dailies for the day are in that area.
- Crushing Shadows — Blasts an enemy with dark energy, inflicting Shadow damage.
- Rune of Shadows — Summons a rune under the caster, causing all melee attacks to inflict Shadow damage while standing on the rune.
- Shadow Power — Empowered by a Rune of Shadows, causing attacks to cause Shadow damage.
- Unstable Serum — Stuns nearby enemies for 5 sec.
- Warlord Gurthan yells: You wish to pay me tribute? Then pay it in blood!
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.