Horde Ambassador (formerly)
|Former affiliation(s)||Might of Kalimdor|
|Occupation||Mission specialist of Frostwall|
|Former occupation(s)||General, Ambassador|
|Location||Frostwall, Frostfire Ridge|
Warmaster Zog is a former Horde ambassador once found in the Military Ward within the dwarf city of Ironforge, but has since become Warmaster of the Horde serving as the Garrison Mission Specialist for Horde players.
World of Warcraft
Zog was a strong orcish soldier who became one of the most trusted lieutenants of Thrall. When the silithid threat was growing greater with each passing day, supplies were needed on the front lines in Kalimdor: food, metals, herbs, and all manner of materials. Orders came in every day, calling for more to be sent. General Zog was sent as an ambassador of the Horde to Ironforge to coordinate the efforts of the Horde and Alliance. During the war effort, he could be found at the Military Ward, always protected by two Ironforge Guards to ensure his security, informing soldiers of the Alliance of the Horde's progress on the task at hand.
He organized the Alliance and Horde to face off against the silithid at the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj.
Warlords of Draenor
Zog, now with the title Warmaster, was sent by Warchief Vol'jin to the Horde's Garrison in Frostwall. He serves as the Mission Specialist. He also sent the adventurer to rescue Olin Umberhide from captivity.
Ahn'Qiraj War Effort
- Horde war effort still ongoing
- Lok'tar, <race>. I am General Zog, ambassador of the Horde. I am here to keep you appraised of the progress that the mighty Horde is making in their efforts towards the Ahn'Qiraj War. What is it that you want to know?
What is the Ahn'Qiraj war effort?
- We stand together with the Alliance, <race>. An evil, so old that the world has forgotten it, seeks to engulf us all; first on Kalimdor and then the rest of Azeroth. It is driven by a hatred of all things born of the great Shapers: The eternal Titans.
- We are all that stands in the way of C'Thun's armies. We will strike first and bring down the forces of Ahn'Qiraj. Let all of Azeroth quake at the combined might of the Horde and Alliance.
- The war effort needs you!
How many metal bars have the Horde collected so far?
- How many metal bars you say? As of my last update on the situation, here is what I know. The Horde has collected <number collected> copper bars out of 90000 needed, <number collected> tin bars out of 22000 needed and out of 18000 mithril bars sought, <number collected> have been gathered.
How many herbs have the Horde collected so far?
- Last I heard the Horde had accumulated <number collected> of 96000 peacebloom, <number collected> of 19000 firebloom and <number collected> out of 26000 purple lotuses.
How many leather skins have the Horde collected so far?
- Leather skins? Yes, I just received some information on that. It would appear that of 60000 heavy leather needed, the Horde has collected <number collected>. Also, <number collected> out of 80000 thick leather and <number collected> out of 60000 rugged leather have been gathered.
How many bandages have the Horde collected so far?
- The Horde is stockpiling a great many bandages. So far <number collected> out of 250000 wool bandages have been collected. <Number collected> out of 250000 mageweave bandages have been created. And <number collected> out of 400000 runecloth bandages have been gathered.
How many cooked goods have the Horde collected so far?
- You want to know about ration collections? Very well. Last I was told, the Horde had prepared <number collected> out of 10000 lean wolf steaks. We've also packed away <number collected> of 17000 spotted yellowtail and <number collected> of 10000 baked salmon needed.
- Horde war effort completed before Alliance
As expected, the Horde has completed all of their preparations well in advance of you and your so-called Alliance. You are all holding us up as we cannot take final measures to begin the war until you finish your promised responsibilities.
Now go and pull your weight, <race>.
- Both war efforts completed
Unexpected that you are all capable of such organization. Both the Alliance and the Horde have completed their preparations for the Ahn'Qiraj War. Even as we speak the material is being shipped over to Silithus and should all arrive within 5 days. Then it is up to the one who is going to reassemble the Scepter of the Shifting Sands to beat on the gong at the Scarab Dais and open the gates of Ahn'Qiraj. That is when the war will truly begin!
Lok'tar Commander <name>.
I was sent by Warchief Vol'jin himself to assist you in day to day operations. While you are in the field I can manage, train, and dispatch your troops on missions essential to our survival in this place.
Enter the Proving Grounds
- According to Gazlowe, he likes spikes on buildings. He has them on his shoulder-armor.
- Players who typed /kneel in front of Zog would see a message saying that he acknowledged their obedience. This is a reference to the character of General Zod from Superman lore who is often quoted saying "Kneel before Zod!"
- General Zog acknowledges your obeisance and then waves dismissively at you.
- Interestingly, if Horde players infiltrated Ironforge and attacked the guards near Zog, he would join the Horde on their assault on the nearby NPCs. Commander Stronghammer, his counterpart, acted the same.
- During the early alpha stages of Warlords of Draenor, Varok Saurfang had Zog's position instead.