|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
Stances were a type of buff that warriors utilized. Each stance offered different bonuses, and allowed the warrior to fulfill specific combat roles.
A warrior would choose which stance to be in at any time, and switching stances had a 1.5 second cooldown for all stances. However, switching stances did not trigger a global cooldown.
Before patch 7.0.3 there were 3 available warrior stances:
- (learned at level 1): An aggressive combat stance. Generates Rage from normal melee attacks.
- (learned at level 9): A tanking combat stance. Decreases damage taken by 20%. Significantly increases threat generation. Generates 1 Rage every 3 sec while in combat.
- (a level 100 talent for Protection warriors only): A dauntless combat stance. Increases physical damage dealt by 5%, and replaces your Shield Block with Shield Charge.
Before patch 6.0.2 there was:
- Stances could be switched while mounted.
- Prior to patch 5.0.4, stances behaved as forms and restricted ability availability. This led warriors to "stance dance" in order to make full use of their abilities.