Warsong clan (alternate universe)
- For the clan from the main universe, see Warsong clan.
|Other major settlements|
|Base of operations|
|Theater of operations|
The Warsong clan is a clan led by Garrosh Hellscream himself, a role given to him when Grommash Hellscream became Warchief of the Iron Horde, and makes their home in the lush land of Nagrand. The mounted raiders of the Warsong favor speed and maneuverability in battle—they move quickly, strike swiftly, and are away before their enemies know what hit them. Their war cries inspire their allies and strike fear into all those who dare get in their way.
The clan represented the Iron Horde's power.
Warlords of Draenor
This section concerns content related to Warlords of Draenor.
The Mountain of Oshu'gun is sacred among all orc clans but the Warsong have claimed it as their own. Shaman around the sacred mountain tap into the Void to force the elements to their will, but this has a side-effect the Warsong could not have foreseen: within the Twisting Nether, voidwalkers led by Invalidus prepare to attack Draenor.
The Warsong invaded Telaar and killed native draenei as well as some shadow hunter trolls. The Telaar group is led by Packleader Kargora. Their goal was to take the impenetrable shield of the city and move it to Grommashar; however, the crystal was destroyed.
After Grommash's rescue, the clan resolves to rebuild Draenor with the draenei.
Battle for Azeroth
This section concerns content related to Battle for Azeroth.
The Warsong continued following Grommash and were joined by the other clans, forming the Mag'har orc clans under the leadership of Warchief Grommash Hellscream. As the Mag'har and Lightbound clashed, events on Azeroth would see to a new war between the Horde and the Alliance. In the midst of this, Eitrigg sought to travel to the alternate Draenor and call upon the debt the Mag'har owed to the Horde for liberating them from Garrosh Hellscream's meddling and the Burning Legion's corruption.
As the entire Lightbound army was marching towards the Mag'har, Grommash ordered for the Mag'har to follow Geya'rah and fallback to Azeroth. Thus when Warchief Hellscream and Lantresor of the Blade charged at the Lightbound, Eitrigg activated the shard of the in his possession in order to return to Azeroth with his new allies. After their arrival on Azeroth, Overlord Geya'rah took her place as leader of the Mag'har and pledged the loyalty of her people to Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner and the Horde.
- Relying on shock and awe to overwhelm their enemies, the Warsong earned their name from their fearsome battle cries and thunderous drum marches.
- A bullroarer is an arm-length piece of rigid wood affixed to the end of a long rope and spun over the wielder's head to generate a droning noise capable of traveling long distances. One example was grooved by the Warsong to emit a high-pitched whistling noise rather than the low hum used by most other clans.
- The riders of the Warsong clan are always on the move. In camp, a family's tent is marked with a long pike thrust into the ground - often adorned with the skulls of defeated enemies.
- The Warsong clan have long hunted the Bloodhoof clefthoof to use their crimson-hued skin for battle standards.
- A Warsong penant is available in Diablo III for purchase either the digital deluxe or collector's edition of Warlords of Draenor.
- ^ Heart of the Iron Horde
- ^ a b
- ^ Farseer Drek'thar
- ^ and
- ^ [[Bonds Forged Through Battle]
- ^ Mount Journal entry for
- ^ 2014, World of Warcraft®: Warlords of Draenor™ DIGITAL DOWNLOAD. Blizzard Entertainment, retrieved on 2014-05-17
- ^ 2014, World of WarCraft: Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition. EB Games, retrieved on 2014-05-17