Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Race||Fel orc (Humanoid)|
|Level||62 - 72 Elite|
|Occupation||Hellfire Citadel Ramparts Watch Leader|
Reviled amongst the denizens of Outland, Gargolmar is known to eat the hearts of those he catches near the Hellfire Citadel whether they were trying to enter or not. Charged by Kargath Bladefist himself with the defense of the ramparts, Watchkeeper Gargolmar is unflinching in his duty.
- Overpower — Watcherkeeper Gargolmar instantly overpowers his target after they dodge, inflicting Physical damage.
- Mortal Wound — Watcherkeeper Gargolmar inflicts Physical damage to his current target, reducing the effectiveness of any healing received by 5% for 20 sec.
- Mortal Wound — Watcherkeeper Gargolmar inflicts Physical damage to his current target, reducing the effectiveness of any healing received by 10% for 30 sec.
- Surge — Watchkeeper Gargolmar charges a player, inflicting Physical damage to them and all players within 0 yards, knocking them all back.
- Heal — Hellfire Watcher heals an ally.
- Shadow Word: Pain — Hellfire Watcher utters a word of darkness, inflicting Shadow damage to a player every 3 seconds for 15 sec.
- Renew — Hellfire Watcher renews an ally, healing them every 3 seconds for 15 sec.
This is not a difficult fight. Gargolmar patrols back and forth with two healer guards, Hellfire Watchers, so clear the groups near the end of his patrol path closest to you; if you can handle them, you shouldn't have any problems beating him.
Any combination of CCing the adds and kill order will work; the only things to consider are the heals from the Watchers, managing his charge, and the debuff that occurs in Heroic mode. It should be noted that priests can MC the Watchers (, and ), perhaps using them to absorb Gargolmar's charges. Unfortunately, the healing spells have a cooldown of about 20 secs, so it won't be of much help healing the tank.
Increased damage from Surge, but still not very high. Mortal Wounds now reduces healing by 10% a stack (up from 5% on Normal).
- Do you smell that? Fresh meat has somehow breached our citadel. Be wary of any intruders.
- This may hurt a little...
- What have we here?
- I'm going to enjoy this...
- Back off, pup!
- 40% Health
- Heal me, quickly!
- Killing a player
- Say farewell!
- Much too easy...
- Gargolmar's quote "Back off, pup!" could be a reference to the Shaman unit in Warcraft III, where one of the 'Pissed' quotes is the exact same line.
- Gargolmar has blades for hands, very similar to Warchief Kargath Bladefist.
- Gargolmar's name may be a reference to the Smurfs villain Gargamel.
- Gargolmar is voiced by Alan Shearman.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.