We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
- "Neat trick."
Water Walking is a level 24 shaman utility spell that gives a buff to friendly targets which allows them to walk on water. A player under the effects of Water Walking can still dive under water if they choose, and doing so will not cancel the buff.
Any damage taken will cancel the effect. Jumping into water from high enough that you would take fall damage if you were on land while Water Walking is activated causes you to take damage. This damage can kill you, as the water surface is considered to be ground while Water Walking is active. In order to avoid the damage you can aim your mouse down towards the water and hold down the right mouse button, and you will fall into the water.
Tips and tactics
- Useful for escape. Where others must swim slowly, a shaman can run.
- Malicious players can also use this ability to injure or kill players of their own faction by casting it on them as they leap off of a cliff into the water below.
- You can use it to fish on water, allowing a safer place to stand.
- You may also eat and drink without having to swim ashore.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer requires .
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Water Walking no longer breaks when the target mounts. It is now possible to ride on water.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Water Walking no longer breaks when the target shapeshifts. In addition, Water Walking is no longer considered a Magic buff, and thus can no longer be dispelled.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Now cancelled if any damage is taken, requires reagent.
- Patch 0.11 (2004-09-29): No longer works on lava or slime.