We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
- "Normally bugs are for bait, but how could you look into its eyes and even think that?"
Water striders are large water-bugs that make their first appearance with the World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria expansion. Water striders serve an important role in Jinyu culture, acting as a mount, means of sending communications, and even a family pet. They seem to be drawn to still water, and glow the brightest during spring.
- Jungle Strider
- Lake Strider
- River Strider
- Sea Strider
- Summit Strider
- Swamp Strider
- Vale Strider
As a Mount
- Main article: Water strider mounts
- can walk on water in non-battleground areas and is purchased from in the Krasarang Wilds. It is a reward for gaining Exalted with The Anglers.
- can be bought from for 100x . Must have a level 3 Fishing Shack at the Garrison.
As a companion pet
- has a chance to drop from in the Dread Wastes.
- Mirror Striders can be captured in pet battles in the Jade Forest.
- Eternal Striders and Dancing Water Skimmers can be captured in pet battles in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
- Spring Striders can be captured in pet battles in Val'sharah.
As a hunter pet
|Cunning - Exotic|
Only hunters that chose the Beast Mastery specialization at lvl 69 can tame these exotic beasts. What makes these pets unique, is that they are capable of casting (a version of ) on itself and the hunter.
Spore walkers may also appear as water striders, to increase the amount of looks for this family type.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.