- "Normally bugs are for bait, but how could you look into its eyes and even think that?"
- -Nat Pagle
Water striders are large water-bugs that make their first appearance with the World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria expansion. Water striders serve an important role in Jinyu culture, acting as a mount, means of sending communications, and even a family pet. They seem to be drawn to still water, and glow the brightest during spring.
- Dancing Water Skimmer (critter)
- Eternal Strider (critter)
- Jungle Skitterer
- Jungle Strider
- Lake Strider
- Lightfooted Snapclaw
- Mirror Strider (critter)
- River Strider
- Sea Strider
- Stream Strider
- Summit Strider
- Swamp Strider
- Vale Strider
- Water Pincer
As a Mount
- Main article: Water strider mounts
- can walk on water in non-battleground areas and is purchased from Nat Pagle in the Krasarang Wilds. It is a reward for gaining Exalted with The Anglers.
- can be bought from Nat Pagle for 100x . Must have a level 3 Fishing Shack at the Garrison.
As a companion pet
- Dancing Water Skimmers and Eternal Striders can be captured in pet battles in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
- Elusive Skimmer can be captured in pet battles in Nazmir.
- has a chance to drop from Nalash Verdantis in the Dread Wastes.
- Mirror Striders can be captured in pet battles in the Jade Forest.
- Spring Striders can be captured in pet battles in Val'sharah.
As a hunter pet
|Cunning - Exotic|
Only hunters that chose the Beast Mastery specialization at lvl 69 can tame these exotic beasts. What makes these pets unique, is that they are capable of casting (a version of ) on itself and the hunter.
Spore walkers may also appear as water striders, to increase the amount of looks for this family type.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.
Water Pincer during the beta.