These tables show the weapons and armor skills available to each class. Most skills are acquired at character creation, while some are obtained through class training or from Specialization selection. Each class/skill combination is marked with an icon representing how that class gains access to the skill as well as any level requirements. Refer to the legend below for explanations of each icon.
- — Starts with
- — Learned though Specialization selection
- — Learned at class trainer (with level requirement)
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Warriors and Paladins can now use Plate armor starting at level 1. Hunters and Shamans can now use Mail armor starting at level 1.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Ranged/Relic slots removed from all classes. Ranged weapons (bows, guns, wands) use the main hand slot. Thrown and Relic items removed.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): All weapon proficiencies available to the classes are automatically learned.