87 (Requires 86)
Pull 100 weeds from Gai Lan's field.
You can pull weeds while mounted.
- Weeds pulled × 100
You want some hops? I've got plenty in the shed out back. I'll gladly share some with you... if you'll help me weed my field.
Now "hop" to it! Get it?
You weed like a champion.
- 129000 XP
- Mudmug says: Where you takin' me, <name>?
Speak with him again:
- Well, aren't you going to pick the weeds?
- What weeds?
Gai Lan buffs players with Weed War, a three-minute tracking bug.
- Gai Lan yells: Look, there's a weed now! Go pull it!
- Click on weeds to pull them!
- Gai Lan yells: Some more weeds, over here!
- Gai Lan yells: Keep it up, you're doing great!
Some time later, little weeds start popping up:
- Gai Lan says: Just stomp on those little weeds. No need to waste your time picking them.
- Walk over small weeds!
- Gai Lan says: Here, I've got some spare Weed-B-Gone. This should help.
- Pick up the Weed-B-Gone!
Run over, pick it up, then use the new bonus action button to bring up the targeting reticule. Aim for as many weeds as possible...
- Gai Lan yells: Look out!
Giant weed tentacles pop up and start knocking the player about. They can still be clicked on to be removed—no need to dismount to damage them. Or hit them with the Weed-B-Gone. Move quickly, as the buff is starting to run out by now. Gai Lan will repeatedly toss more Weed-B-Gone on the ground, so use them advantageously.
- Gai Lan says: Looks like the things are finally starting to calm down.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2012-10-01): "Players who have completed the quest "Weed War" no longer leave a weedy lawn in their wake."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.