House of Barov
|Affiliation(s)||Stormwind, Alliance, Barov Industries|
|Occupation||True heir to the House of Barov|
|Relative(s)||Alexei & Illucia (parents), Alexi, Jandice (siblings)|
World of Warcraft
He is one of the two "surviving" (if such can be said about his Forsaken brother Alexi) descendants of the Barov family. As such, they are both heirs to the family fortune. Although it is unknown how exactly they intended to deal with obtaining that fortune - since most of it is probably still buried somewhere within the treasuries of Caer Darrow - prior to the Cataclysm, the brothers nonetheless strived for the four deeds that were believed to be somewhere in Scholomance. This inheritance made them enemies, and Weldon was willing to stop at nothing to become the only surviving heir to the Barov fortune.
Since the Cataclysm however, Alexi seems to have given up battle against Weldon for heritage rights. Weldon though is still determined to get it. All four deeds to Southshore, Tarren Mill, Brill and Caer Darrow having been retrieved and given to him by the adventurer, Weldon finally became the rightful owner to the four towns. How this will play out though, remains to be seen.
Following the events in Pandaria, Weldon and his brother disappeared without a trace.
Warlords of Draenor
Weldon came to Draenor with his brother, Alexi, as partners of the Barov Industries. They had united to plunder the world's riches, but their greed got the better of them and they betrayed each other.
Weldon is involved in the garrison quest and can be obtained as a garrison follower for Alliance players. He asks the Alliance commander to kill Alexi while Alexi asks the same from the Horde commander. He can also be seen watching fights between garrison commanders in the Coliseum of Highmaul.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|93 - 100||65,312|
|Lunarfall||95 - 100||71,040|
- HELP! ASSASSINS HAVE COME TO KILL ME! (When attacked)
- As the last living Barov, I have rightful claim to all of my family's holdings!
- Don't listen to anything Alexi says. He was a fool to stay during the plague and now look at him - he's no better than the other abominations in this place.
- Don't fret, we will reclaim Scholomance and the surrounding lands for the last living son of Barov - the rightful heir.
- Lumber Mill, Coming across a Fallen Tree (with a pair of legs kicking from beneath)
- Muffled Voice says: MMMMF! HELFFP!! STMUCK UMDER LOG!
- You tap the log to summon a Lumberjack.
- Lumberjack says: I'll get that scared little girl out from under the log, <sir/ma'am>!
- The Lumberjack starts chopping and frees Weldon Barov, who throws you some coin.
- Weldon Barov says: Ah, thank you for the assistance, young peasant. Here is a token of my gratitude.
- Weldon bows.
- Weldon walks away.
- Weldon Barov says: Should you be looking to make a few more coppers there will be work for you at your garrison. I will take my leave. Find me there if you wish.
My brother must be brought to justice!
I need you to come on patrol with me.
This place is quaint. It reminds me of the servant's quarters in my summer retreat on the shores of Lordamere Lake - only more rustic. And dirtier.
Perhaps you should make an investment in some of Barov Industries' wares to secure this make-shift tree fort before a light breeze topples the structure.
What have you got for sale?
- While in the Western Plaguelands, Weldon used warrior abilities.
- Weldon Barov is an Epic Alliance Ally card in the World of Warcraft: Trading Card Game's Drums of War set.
- Weldon is quoted on the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game card "The Last Barov".
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Re-added in Draenor.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Moved from Chillwind Camp to Scholomance. Changed from Alliance to Neutral.