- For other versions, see Whale Shark (disambiguation).
It's so large that you have to be very far away to get a complete screenshot.
Whale Sharks are gigantic hostile boss-level sharks patrolling in the waters of Vashj'ir.
- Crush Armor — Reduces an enemy's armor by 10% for 20 sec. Effect stacks up to 5 times.
- Fatal Bite — Drains 100 health from an enemy, healing the caster for up to twice that amount.
- Fear — Strikes fear in an enemy, causing it to flee in terror for 4 sec. Only 1 target can be feared at a time.
- 780,631 - 1,159,297 Damage
- 110,920 Armor
- During the beta this mob could hit for 70000+ damage. As of patch 4.0.6, it hits for at least half a million on cloth; kiting, not melee, is the key to beating it. The mob's hitbox was also much larger in beta, occasionally causing players with ranged abilities to unintentionally hit it out of viewing distance while fighting other mobs.
- Groups should be wary not to pull more than one Whale Shark, as there are several in Vashj'ir.
- A Whale Shark's death is required for the Cataclysm achievement From Hell's Heart I Stab at Thee. Refer to the page for the achievement for more information on confronting the whale shark.