What Now? (Alliance)
120 (Requires 10)
- Recovered Crate (Provided)
You've finally found the crate that Anson sent you to retrieve. However, it appears the archaeology student's warnings about the nature of the crate's contents were correct.
There's no doubt that your employer lied to you about the dangers involved in the job. Do you really want to hand the crate over to him, or would you rather give it to Hudson Barnes, who believes it better to keep the crate's contents locked away?
Have you brought the crate as we discussed?
Ah, you did manage to get the crate before Archmage Xylem's man could get it out of the city. Excellent!
- Anson's Crate spawns beside Anson Hastings.
- Anson Hastings says: I hope you weren't too put out, <name>, but the contents of this crate have been very important to my family for generations.
- Anson Hastings says: I've been preparing for this moment for years, <name>, and you've made it all possible. Witness my transformation!
- Anson channels a spell, and transforms into a large spider. He skitters about for a few seconds and dies. Moments later, his corpse becomes human again.
- Anson's Crate spawns beside Hudson Barnes.
- Hudson Barnes says: I know this will seem like betrayal, but Mr. Hastings has made an offer I simply cannot refuse. My apologies, <name>.
- Anson Hastings walks into The Golden Keg and approaches Barnes as he finishes speaking.
- Anson Hastings says: It's good to see you again, Mr. Barnes. Do you have the crate?
- Hudson Barnes says: I do. <Name> just returned with it, but how do I know you're going to keep your end of the bargain?
- Anson Hastings says: I have the charm with me and I will unlock its powers once the crate is in my hands. You were wise to change your mind, Barnes.
- Anson Hastings says: With it, you will be able to enter Karazhan without fear of harm or detection. Not even Harrison Jones will know how you uncover the tower's history.
- Hudson Barnes says: Please, take the crate. I'm already thinking about what I'll find in the tower's library!
- Anson Hastings says: I've been waiting for this day for years. Behold my transformation!
- Anson begins channeling a spell.
- Hudson Barnes says: No, wait! You haven't told me how to use this charm yet!
- Anson transforms into a large spider.
- Anson Hastings says: What's happening to me? It burns!
- Anson skitters about for a few seconds and dies. Moments later, his corpse becomes human again.
This may be the first example of the "PVE Scenario" quests referred to in the World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria trailer, as the player is given a choice that will affect his/her view of the game world.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Added.