Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
When Dreams Become Nightmares
98 - 110 (Requires 98)
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Progress
- 5 Completion
- 6 Gains
- 7 Notes
- 8 Progression
- 9 Patch changes
- 10 External links
Enter the Emerald Dream and obtain the Claws of Ursoc.
- Enter the Emerald Dream
- Defeat the Forces of the Nightmare
- Obtain the Claws of Ursoc
Now that we have Ursol's blessing, we can safely pass the magical wards and reach the claws' resting place!
Be careful, the Dream can be a dangerous place.
Have you retrieved the Claws of Ursoc?
I owe you my life, <name>. If it wasn't for your actions I'd be dead or worse.
- 22200 XP
- Moonwell water used
- Lea Stonepaw says: Calm your mind, let go and your spirit will enter into the Dream. I'll join you soon.
Stage 1: Ursoc's Lair
- Locate the Claws of Ursoc
Follow the trail leading further into the corrupted lair.
- Lea Stonepaw says: We're past the wards, but what's going on here? Could the Nightmare have spread to Ursoc's Lair?
- Lea Stonepaw says: Let's get going!
- Rothoof Defiler yells: Foolish mortals! Soon this place will belong to the master!
Stage 2: The Light in the Dark
- Defend the Spirit of Ursoc
- Spirit of Ursoc yells: Vile beasts of the Nightmare! You will never take my claws!
- Lea Stonepaw says: Lord Ursoc! Quickly <name>, to his side!
Kill the satyrs attacking Ursoc.
- Spirit of Ursoc says: I thank you, druids. These abominations of Nightmare are relentless! They will stop at nothing to snatch the claws from my lair.
- Lea Stonepaw says: Lord Ursoc, the Burning Legion has returned. <Name> is our best hope to drive back the Legion AND the Nightmare, but we must have the claws if we are to succeed!
- Lea Stonepaw says: We humbly request your aid. The power of your claws could defeat our enemies once and for all.
- Spirit of Ursoc says: Worthy you may be, but if you would wield my claws to defend this world, you must make haste to retrieve them. Even now, I sense more of the enemy approaching!
- Lea Stonepaw says: Thank you, mighty Ursoc!
- Lea Stonepaw says: The ritual I'm about to perform is complicated, and will take some time to finish, but it is the only way to drop the barrier.
Stage 3: The Nightmare Approaches
- Survive the first assault
- Spirit of Ursoc says: These foes are weak, but fight in numbers. In life, I paid the price for underestimating my enemy. Never again!
- Spirit of Ursoc says: Creatures of the wild, heed my call! Come to our aid!
- Mylune says: I heard your call for aid, great one. Are there any teeny lil' fuzzy animals in danger? Oh! Oh my!
- Attacking an enemy
- Mylune yells: Gee, this is going to hurt. I'm so sorry!
- Mylune yells: Oh my, stars! I just can't stand violence! I hope this end quickly!
- Being attacked
- Mylune yells: Help! These big meanies won't leave me alone!
- Mylune yells: Ow! Ow! Owww! I really need a moment to rest.
- Mylune yells: I'll be fine! Just give me a moment to rest.
Stage 4: The Nightmare Continues
- Survive the second assault
A combination of Rothoof Defilers and Rothoof Shadowstalkers appear for the second wave.
- Spirit of Ursoc yells: Protect our healers and casters, guardian. We must not let our allies fail!
- Mylune yells: Oh dear! More invaders are coming!
Stage 5: The Nightmare Continues
- Survive the third assault
Several Blightborn Sludges and a Corrupted Defender appear for the third wave.
- Spirit of Ursoc yells: Keep it up, defenders! We will never yield to these invaders!
- Spirit of Ursoc says: Their blood will burn the very ground where they fall. Don't let them touch our defenders!
Stage 6: The Nightmare Continues
- Survive the final assault
Just two Corrupted Defenders appear for the final wave, but they are not to be underestimated.
- Spirit of Ursoc says: Beware! The Nightmare's corruption has spread to the trees!
Stage 7: The Fallen One
- Defeat Malithar
- Lea Stonepaw yells: It is finished! The claws are ours!
- Spirit of Ursoc yells: Hold, guardian. I feel a chill deep in my spirit.
- Shade of Xavius yells: Foolish bear! You've fallen for my trap!
- The shade entangles the group in tendrils of agony.
- Spirit of Ursoc yells: What is this sorcery!? When I get free, I'll tear out your foul throat, Xavius!
- Shade of Xavius yells: No, Ursoc. When next you bare your fangs, it will be at my command!
- Spirit of Ursoc yells: I will resist you to my last breath, usurper! I will never submit to one such as you!
- Shade of Xavius yells: I am LORD of the Nightmare! I have been shaped by the powers of the Old Gods. Tremble before me!
- Spirit of Ursoc yells: Aaarrghhh ArrrghhhH!
- Ursoc's spirit vanishes.
- Shade of Xavius yells: I must go attend to my prize. Malithar, I leave the claws to you. Use them exterminate this filth.
- Arch-Desecrator Malithar says: Yes, Lord Xavius! I'll be happy to tear them apart in your name!
- Malithar claims the Claws of Ursoc and is proceeded to be turned into a corrupted bear.
- Arch-Desecrator Malithar yells: AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!! THE CLAWS! THEY THIRST FOR BLOOD!!
- Mylune yells: Get away from me you big, stupid... stupid head!
- Lea Stonepaw says: You did it, <name>! You got him!
Final Stage: The Claws Reclaimed
- Obtain the Claws of Ursoc
- Lea Stonepaw says: We should go. There's nothing left for us here. Let me know when you're ready to leave and I'll take us back to our bodies in the normal world.
Recover the claws then head on over to Lea.
- Are you ready to leave?
- Let's go.
- Acquire the chosen artifact:
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.