Why Do We Fight?
Chen Stormstout narrates the cinematic.
- To ask why we fight... ... is to ask why the leaves fall. It is in their nature. Perhaps, there is a better question.
A human and orc fighting are stopped by Chen Stormstout.
- Why do we fight? To protect Home, and Family... To preserve Balance, and bring Harmony[sic]
- For my kind, the true question is: What is worth fighting for?
- The depiction of the human and orc characters later inspired the artstyle of Warcraft III: Reforged.
Alliance and Horde ships fighting in the mists
Orc and human tired from fighting the pandaren monk
Chen Stormstout after his foes defeat
- Concept art
- Project Director: Marc Messenger
- Project Art Directors: Fausto De Martini, Chris Thunig
- Senior Project Producer: Phillip Hillenbrand, Jr.
- Cinematic Script: Marc Messenger, Chris Metzen
- Vice President, Art & Cinematic Development: Nick Carpenter
- Vice President, Cinematic Operations: Mike Ryder
- VFX Supervisor: Jeff Chamberlain
- Production Director: Noel Wolfman
- Director of Technology: Mark A. Brown
- Lead Producer: Scott Abeyta
- Project Producer: Kim Kotfis Horn
- Project Editors: Brian Horn, Rebecca Lilienfeld
- Department Supervisors: John Burnett, Shimon Cohen, Scott Goffman, Steeg Haskell, Arthur Jeppe, Mike Kelleher, Jared Keller, Brian LaFrance, James McCoy, Fin Teo, Seth Thompson, Xin Wang
- Project Leads: Vitaly Bulgarov, Aaron Chan, Steven Chen, Emanuel Druckmann, Devon Fay, Joe Frayne, Jason J. Hill, Chung Kan, Ryan Leasher, Laurent Pierlot, Jamie Pilgrim, Dennis Price
- Cinematic Artists: Salvador Arditti, Scott N. Army, Till Aschwanden, Jongha Baik, Becca Baldwin, Ben Barker, Jason Barlow, Stephane Belin, Barry Berman, John Berry, Ricardo Biriba, Ted Boonthanakit, Toni Bratincevic, Alvaro Buendia, Jason Burton, Bill Campbell, Scott Campbell, Hosuk Chang, Daniel Chavez, Ray Chih, Tae Young Choi, Joanna Cleland-Jolly, Matt Cordner, James Crowson, Graham Cunningham, Drew Dobernecker, David Durand, Anthony Eftekhari, Mustazar Essa, Chris Evans, Casey Fulton, Shuntaro Furukawa, Hunter Grant, Eric Grimenstein, Jeremy Gritton, Chris Ha, Mike Hardison, Benjamin Min Huang, Steve Hui, Ray Hsu, Rodney Iwashina, Joe Jackman, Jim Jiang, Sheng Jin, Jeramiah Johnson, Jessica Dru Johnson, Ren Kikuchi, Yonghyun (Eddie) Kim, Andy C. King, Mike Koizumi, Bill La Barge, Mark Lai, Scott Lange, Jon Lanz, Hung Le, Alan Lee, Hoya Lee, John F. Lee, Moonsung Lee, Yeon-Ho Lee, Shawn Liang, Dyllan Lu, David Luong, Brandon Martynowicz, Brett McConnell, Mathew Mead, Andrew Melnychuk-Oseen, Lucas Merino, Sada Namiki, Tuan Ngo, Kurtis Paddock, Corey Pelton, Troy L. Perry, Levente Peterffy, Joe Peterson, Kirti Pillai, Zachary Podratz, Reo Prendergast, Wei Qiao, Dominic Qwek, Glenn Ramos, Jarett Riva, Casey Robinson, Davy Sabbe, Kazuhito Shimada, Fabio Stabel, Peter Starostin, Takuya Suzuki, Geordie Swainbank, Jon Teer, Sofia Vale Cruz, Brandan Vanderpool, Mathias Verhasselt, Kishore Vijay, Matias Volkert, Nelson Wang, Wei Wang, Christopher Y. Yang, Jae Hyun Yoo, Kenson Yu, Simon Yuen, Fabio Barretta Zungrone
- Technology Team: Brett Achorn, Michael Beal, Cameron Chrisman, Rudy Cortes, Jeff Hill, David Keegan, Piotrek Krawczyk, Huong Nguyen, Chris Rock, Billy Shih, Peter Shinners, Michael Su, Yun-Chen Sung, Robert Thomas, Theresa Wolf, Tom Craigen, Jr.
- Production Team: Patricia L. Adams, Tok Braun, Joshua Burnett, Leonard Chang, Eric Davis, Bejan Fozdar, Janet Garcia, Steve McIlwain, Jennifer Owings, Jason Michael Smith, Brandy Stiles, Taka Yasuda
- Studio Engineers: Johann Helgi Agnarsson, Kenneth Lloyd Ayers III, Douglas Beal, Jim Bush, Sean Laverty, JJ Lee, Ramon Rodriguez III, Rob Tomson, Leo Wang
- Cinematic Project Directors: Ben Dai, Matt Samia
- Cinematic Art Director: Jonathan Berube
- Additional Artists: Craig Brown, Patrick Dalton, Tina Fu, Tyler Hunter, Bernie Kang, Ronny Kim, Slavomir Kaslev, David Lesperance, Eric Yi Lin, Frances Lin, Sherman Ohms, Diego Garzon Sanchez, Richard Slechta, Cedric Tomacruz, Rainer Zoettl
- Additional Production: Rie Arai, Lauren Gragg
- Supervising Sound Designer: Paul Menichini
- Sound Design: David Farmer, Stuart Provine
- Music Composition: Neal Acree
- Casting and Voice Director: Andrea Toyias
- Voice-over Design/Editing: Chris De La Pena, Michael Johnson
- Foley Artist: Gregg Barbanell
- Foley Mixer: Darrin Mann
- Cinematic Re-recording Mixer: Thomas C. Brewer
- Additional Cinematic Sound Editing: Clinton Jones, Caroline Hernandez
- Sound Producers: Caroline Hernandez, Jay Maguire
- Voice of Chen Stormstout: Keone Young
- Mists of Pandaria Intro, behindthecinematic.com