|Location||Dun Niffelem, Storm Peaks|
Wild Wyrms can be found west of Dun Niffelem and is the quest target of .
After using theon one of these creatures, it will swoop down as you jump onto its underside where you gain the following abilities:
- Grab On — Grab the Wild Wyrm more tightly, strengthening your Grip by 10.
- Dodge Claws — Pull yourself close to the Wyrm's chest to avoid claw strikes for 2 sec. (3 sec cooldown)
- Thrust Spear — Jabs at the Wild Wyrm, inflicting 1000 to 1300 Physical damage. This ability loosens your grip on the Wyrm by 5.
- Mighty Spear Thrust — Drives your spear deep into the Wild Wyrm's chest, inflicting 9000 to 11000 damage, but you cannot take other actions while you wrest the spear free. This ability loosens your grip on the Wyrm by 15. (10 sec cooldown)
When the creature gets around 30% health, it will grab you into its mouth. At this point you lose the previous abilities and gain these new ones:
- 1. Pry Jaws Open — Pry open the jaws of the Wild Wyrm, exposing its throat. Increases chance to hit with Fatal Strike by 5% per application. Lasts 10 sec.
- 3. Fatal Strike — Drive your spear down the throat of the Wild Wyrm, inflicting fatal damage. The Wild Wyrm's jaws must be pried open to hit with this attack. (4 sec cooldown)
- This proto-dragon cannot be aggroed by any other means.