Red Helper Box
- Red Helper Box
- Use: Teaches you how to summon this companion.
Red Helper Box summons and dismisses Winter's Little Helper, a small gnome companion dressed in rather skimpy festive red garb. If summoned outside of the Winter Veil festival period, she will complain loudly before forcing you to dismiss her. However, she can be used for pet battles at any time of year.
Even if you did not obtain this pet in a present, they can often be found in the Auction House throughout the year at highly inflated prices.
During the majestic Winter Veil celebration, these faithful companions spread joy throughout the land. The rest of the year, they are busy.
- Humanoid: Recovers 4% of their maximum health if they dealt damage this round.
- +50% damage from -33% damage from
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 4|
|Level 10||Level 15||Level 20|
- Whoah! Where's the workshop?! Summon me up a little later in the year, all right?
- We'll need twenty thousand more cog wheels, and another... hey! You can't just summon me away like that!
- So, did you hear about Helper 432-A? I heard that... what the-? HEY! We Helpers have WORK to do, you know!
- What the-?! Why did you-?! I have TOYS to make!
- It's not Winter Veil, yet, you know. I have WORK to do!
- What the-? AGAIN?! Look, <class>. As much as I'd like to watch you punch monsters or mouthbreathe at the auction house or WHATEVER it is you do all year, I've got WORK to do.
- Does it LOOK like the Feast of Winter Veil to you? Colored lights, decorations? No? Well, you know who has to MAKE all that stuff, right?!
- Look, <class>. Here's the thing. Toys and lights and bundles of holiday herbs don't make THEMSELVES, you know. So ENOUGH with the Helper summoning, PLEASE.
As of patch 5.0.5, although the Winter's Little Helper will cause you to dismiss her if summoned outside of the Winter Veil period, this automatic dismissal does not completely dismiss the pet; if the player leaves the ground on a flying mount, then lands and dismounts, the Helper will re-appear and make a complaint before once again causing the player to dismiss her. The continued presence of the 'dismiss' button in the Pet Journal also reflects that she has not yet been entirely dismissed. This process can be repeated indefinitely. However, manually dismissing the Helper before she has time to force an automatic dismissal will properly dismiss the pet.
Entering a pet battle with Winter's Little Helper in the primary Battle Pet Slot will sometimes cause her to make one of her usual complaints; however, thankfully it does not cause her to despawn.
- Mounting while accompanied by Winter's Little Helper will cause the Helper to mount up on her own miniature reindeer. She will, however, despawn if one uses a flying mount to leave the ground.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): No longer requires a snowball to summon. Complains and despawns if summoned outside of Winter Veil.
- Patch 1.8.4 (2005-12-5): Added.