|Theater of operations|
The Witherbark tribe split off from the Amani Empire after the Troll Wars and returned to their ancestral lands, in the areas that are now called the Hinterlands and the Arathi Highlands. Like all other forest trolls, the Witherbarks allied themselves with the Old Horde during the Second War for the assault on Quel'Thalas. under the leadership of , a famous troll hero from the Amani tribe. When the Horde was soundly defeated, Zul'jin disappeared, and the forest trolls abandoned their orcish allies.
The Witherbark trolls are known to be sworn enemies of the Stromgarde.
World of Warcraft
The Witherbarks living in the Hinterlands settled several places, including the Hiri'watha village, the Zun'watha ruins, and the temple of Shadra'Alor. They eventually happened across the Revantusks and launched many attacks against the small tribe. The dwarves of Aerie Peak also became a noticeable threat against the troll tribe.
Following the Shattering, the Witherbark trolls have vanished from the Hinterlands, it's unknown if they were driven off or simply killed. occasionally appears on the old Zun'watha ruins, which have since been abandoned. The Hiri'watha village was taken by the Forsaken and turned into a research station, while Shadra'Alor temple was taken over by the Vilebranch trolls.
|Leader of the tribe||Killable||Stromgarde Keep, Arathi Highlands|
|Leader of the small group within Arathi Highlands||Killable||Witherbark Village, Arathi Highlands|
|One of the leaders of the tribe within the Hinterlands||Deceased (presumed)||Unknown|
|Warband leader||Killable||Witherbark Village, Arathi Highlands|
- The Witherbarks worship a spider god, , whom they collect a very powerful venom from.
- Upon completing their rites of passage, the young shadow hunters receive knives.
- It's unknown if the Zandalari have made contact with this tribe, but it very likely since even the Frostmane have been, and they are far into the mountains of Dun Morogh.
- It's most likely the remaining Witherbark trolls in the Hinterlands abandoned the region and reunited with the rest of the tribe in the Arathi Highlands around the time of the Cataclysm.
- It's likely they also worshiped the many of the same loa as the Amani tribe.