World of Warcraft: Exploring Azeroth: The Eastern Kingdoms
|World of Warcraft: Exploring Azeroth: The Eastern Kingdoms|
November 24, 2020
World of Warcraft: Exploring Azeroth: The Eastern Kingdoms is an upcoming official Warcraft book by Christie Golden presenting information on the Eastern Kingdoms. Featuring Mathias Shaw and Flynn Fairwind, the book is an "ephemera book" consisting of texts, letters, notes, and "a little mystery" along with illustrations of places, people, and equipment.
- For over a quarter of a century, Warcraft and World of Warcraft players have been treated to a treasure trove of artifacts, gear, weaponry, and trinkets of both awe and amusement. Now players can get an in-depth look at the items they have collected…and the fearsome powers they hold.
- From the shining towers of Silvermoon to the sulfurous Blackrock Mountain to the white stone castles of Stormwind, the Eastern Kingdoms are vast and full of wonder. Every corner of the majestic isle contains countless stories, treasures, and more than a few secrets that some would prefer stay buried. Follow Spymaster Mathias Shaw and Captain Flynn Fairwind on an expedition across the Eastern Kingdoms for king and country as they chronicle its history and catalog the weapons, armor, and powers untold that are scattered across this sprawling dominion. Penned by New York Times bestselling author and Blizzard Entertainment writer Christie Golden, Exploring Azeroth: The Eastern Kingdoms is your first step on a truly remarkable journey across the beloved lands of Azeroth.
- It was originally slated for a release date of October 20, 2020.
- Conceptually, the book seems to be the canon version of the non-canon RPG book Lands of Conflict which covers the journey of Brann Bronzebeard across the Eastern Kingdoms.
- mentions Mathias Shaw planning to spend some time with someone, possibly hinting at this book.
- The short-story Terror by Torchlight by Christie Golden released on the official site serves as a prequel for the book.
- ^ World of Warcraft: Exploring Azeroth: The Eastern Kingdoms Book Delayed to November 24th
- ^ Christie Golden on Twitter (2020-07-09). Retrieved on 2020-07-10. “Not exactly, it's what they call an ephemera book. Here's the one I did for Assassin's Creed. It's texts, letters, notes, Shaw's notebook (and Flynn's comments!), and a little mystery along with illustrations of places, people, weapons, and gear!”
- ^ Amazon
- ^ https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/world-of-warcraft/23558956/warcraft-short-story-terror-by-torchlight