World of Warcraft: The Magazine
|This article is a miscellaneous stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
World of Warcraft: The Magazine was a collaboration between Blizzard Entertainment and magazine publisher Future, first showcased at BlizzCon 2009. It was discontinued in September 2011, after only five issues.
- Volume I
- Volume II
- Issue I
- Issue II (presumed, canceled)
- Issue III (presumed, canceled)
- Issue IV (presumed, canceled)
World of Warcraft Magazine Canceled | 2011-09-17 00:00 | Blizzard Entertainment
The World of Warcraft Official Magazine is ending its run, and the current issue, #5, will be the last one.
This has been a difficult decision to come to. Although both Blizzard Entertainment and Future US are very proud of the magazines that we have created together, we have each decided to focus our efforts on other areas.
We really appreciate your support for the magazine and would like to offer you a premium based on your remaining subscription term, or, if you prefer, a full refund of your remaining balance instead. To redeem your premium or request a refund, please visit www.worldofwarcraftthemagazine.com by September 30, 2011.
On the website, you'll need to input the following code to access your options:
(Please be aware this code is non-transferable and can only be used once.)
Again, we would like to thank you for your continued support and hope you enjoy reading issue 5 as much as we enjoyed making it.
Future US and Blizzard Entertainment
- A promotional booklet for the magazine was included in the BlizzCon 2009 goodie bag.
- US subscriptions were charged at the $39.95 USD rate for a one year subscription, and $69.95 USD for a two year subscription. Great Britain subscriptions were charged at the £29.95 rate for a one year subscription and £52.50 for a two year subscription. European subscriptions were charged €34.95 for a one year subscription and €61.25 for a two year subscription.
- The publication was sold through the game's account management page, and the magazine's Web site.
Was labeled as a Magazine Cover on the 5 Year Anniversary: BattleCry website