A Wowpedia article is defined as a page that has encyclopedic or almanac-like information about World of Warcraft on it ("almanac-like" being lists, timelines, tables or charts).
See Special:Allpages for a list of all Wowpedia articles (and some non-articles; see below).
An "article" does not include any pages in any of the specified namespaces that are used for particular purposes, such as:
- the Wowpedia namespace for material about meta subjects related to Wowpedia (example, Wowpedia:Policy and its talk page, Wowpedia talk:Policy);
- the talk namespaces for discussing what the content of pages should be (for example, Talk:Class)
- the special namespace, whose pages are created by the software on demand (see Special:Specialpages);
- the user namespace for pages that are used by individual Wowpedia writers (example, User:SilverSide).
- Additionally, users may also choose to put individual subpages here on things like their player characters or their thoughts on Warcraft lore (for example, User:Metalsyko/Zjinga)
- the image namespace which is used for describing and attributing images (example, Image:Molten giants.jpg)
But not all pages in the article namespace are considered to be articles; the most notable exceptions are:
- the Main Page;
- thousands of "stub" pages that may not be considered real articles yet;
- thousands of disambiguation pages which are used to resolve naming conflicts;
- thousands of "redirect" pages which are used to re-route one page to another page;
The automatic definition used by the software at Special:Statistics is: any page that is in the article namespace, is not a redirect page and contains at least one wiki link. The statistics software currently has no method of detecting disambiguation pages, however; nor does it disregard Stubs and Stublists (lists templates with little or no content).