- You may wish to visit Wowpedia:Slack for the currently used chatting system.
|Come join the official Wowpedia IRC channel: #wowpedia on freenode|
As the wiki is not always the best place for an in-depth chat, there is an IRC channel specifically for Wowpedia.
Many of the administrators frequent the channel (all are channel operators), and you are cordially invited to chat, discuss wiki issues, notify them of important developments and just generally make yourself at home and chat about Warcraft.
- Absolutely no discussion of how to exploit, emulated servers and other matters that break the WoW EULA or ToS, unless directly relating to Wowpedia articles. We will not give you links, and you will likely be kicked from the channel.
- Be civil - harassment and insulting behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Don't spam the channel, and especially do not copy and paste reams of text. If you need to, please use a pasting service such as Pastey.org.
- An admin's word is final.
- Try to keep on topic.
- English is the language of the channel.
- Most users idle on the channel. There is absolutely no requirement to be chatty or even respond to comments.
- If you have a question, just ask it. If you don't get an answer straight away, you're probably not being ignored - other people may just be busy.
- Absolutely anyone is welcome to join - as with the wiki, the IRC channel is a neutral channel. (Admins, of course, still have final the say.)
- Don't come to admins with in-depth questions about UI stuff. Please check the IRC article for a link of UI channels.
- The IRC channel is not Blizzard customer or technical support. Users cannot help you with any problems you may have with your World of Warcraft account and are not obligated to help you with any technical issues.
- For unofficial WoW technical support from fellow players, visit the #wowtech channel.
Operators and voicing
- All administrators and technical staff of Wowpedia are encouraged to join and are automatically given channel operator privileges.
- Notable contributors of the wiki and WoW-related fansite staff are 'voiced'. This just shows you to be a prolific member of the community and confers no powers.
Please see the IRC article for a list of other IRC channels.