|This is a Wowpedia Project, a collaboration of editors improving articles and other content related to a particular subject.|
|What are AddOns?||How do I install AddOns?|
|AddOns are Lua / XML files that can modify the World of Warcraft User Interface.||You can install an addon by extracting its folder(s) into the addons directory:
|How do I develop AddOns?||Where can I get AddOns?|
|Start with Create a WoW AddOn in under 15 Minutes. A simple text editor like VS Code or Notepad++ is sufficient.||They can be downloaded from CurseForge and WoWInterface or one of the addon updater clients.|
Things you can help out with
- Before editing API pages, please read the relevant guidelines.
- Fill out all those red links in World of Warcraft API! (though pick in order of likelihood of being useful). Looking at the FrameXML code to find out how the functions are being used is good way to begin. Please do not create stubs if you are not adding new and useful facts - we prefer red links over stubs with no additional information.
- Scan Category:API stubs for unfinished pages!
- Take a look in Category:Votes for deleting and look for API pages.
- Help convert old pages to the Help:API Function articles style!