WoWuction is an online resource which tracks and processes WoW Auction House data using Blizzard API. It was released a few months after Blizzard announced the API (mid 2011) which exposes WoW auction house data - encouraging many similar projects.
WoWuction covers all realms in the EU and US region and attempts to provide quick info on current AH opportunities as well as many statistical and historical insights into global and realm economy.
Most notable WoWuction features
- Profession Advisor
- This feature helps users identify profitable profession products. It will use material prices required for crafting, current availability, demand and other information in order to present selection of crafts. Besides advice, this feature allows users to simply browse all profession products and analyze/filter/sort various pricing information.
- Bargain Hunter
- This feature is an extension of 'Mat Bargains' table from the home page of the site. It will list items which are currently most underpriced on specific auction houses and therefore are good candidates for reselling. Bargain Hunter uses various WoWuction pricing values to create these lists.
- Item Detail Sheet
- Detailed information on every auctionable WoW item including current ah standings, historical realm and region prices and quantities, weekday trends, long-term 90 day global histories, competition analysis for an item, etc.
- E-mail notification
- This feature allows users to set a list of items for WoWuction to watch and as soon as these items show up on AH with the given criteria, WoWuction sends an e-mail notification about it.
- Realm and Global Economy Overviews
- There are many reports and top lists throughout the site that give you overview of realm and global WoW economy. Global Top Realms, Item Trends (items with fastest rising or falling prices) and Top Professions can be found under 'Global' on the main menu. Also on the WoWuction home page there are two very important charts;
- Global market volume - showing global economy volume for each region over the last 30 days
- Realm market volume - showing specific realm's economy and how it compares to region over the last 30 days
- Data Exports & Website Integration
- WoWuction supports realm data exports in several formats (csv, tab delimited) as well as data packages for use with TradeSkillMaster addon. TradeSkillMaster features a WoWuction module which uses this package for tooltips and price selection. Exporting data to TSM addon enables users to see realm and global item pricing statistics on in-game tooltips.
Data is scanned as often as Blizzard API allows it (once per hour), so this limits the granularity of data history. Also data is processed using a combination of statistical tools (as described on the site) which are result of subjective fine-tuning. Reliability and accuracy of the data will thus vary depending on many factors.
WoWuction is one of several projects trying to estimate how many items on WoW auction house have been sold by comparing differences between 2 one-hour AH scans. There is much controversy about how accurate can such estimates be. Some traders do not trust them and refuse to use them, while others claim them to be a great source of info for making additional profit.