Wrath of the Betrayer (WC3 NightElf)
|Wrath of the Betrayer|
Suramar, Broken Isles
Tactical Watchers victory, escape of the Runner
Wrath of the Betrayer is chapter 4 of the Terror of the Tides campaign.
Hours later, suffering from grievous wounds and exhaustion, Maiev stumbles back to the relative safety of her base camp.
Grievously wounded, Maiev crawled back to her base camp to find her small force surrounded and outnumbered by the Naga, who were intent on destroying their most hated enemies. Knowing they could not possibly fight their way out, Maiev instead sent a Runner to get to the coast and then to the Night Elf forests, to summon reinforcements in the shape of Malfurion Stormrage and Tyrande Whisperwind, whilst she and her remaining warriors held out against the snake-people's assault. In the confusion of battle, however, Maiev was cut off from the rest of her forces and instead had to help the Runner sneak past Serena Scarscale's watery fortifications and aid her escape to the sea. Without Maiev's aid, the Naga were eventually able to break the Night Elf defenses and force them to a final redoubt with no resources, where Maiev joined them for a last stand.
- Rescue the Night Elf Transports
- The Runner must survive
- Your base must survive
The pressure of Illidan's Naga forces bears down heavily on Maiev's base. You must get to the Night Elf Transports quickly so that you can bring the Runner through the next leg of the journey out to sea. Protect the Runner at all costs; she is your only hope.
- Bring the Runner in a Transport out to sea
- A Transport must survive
- The Runner must survive
- Your base must survive
Only a few Naga defenses lie between the Runner and the open sea. Protect the Transport vessels as they pass through the dilapidated ruins, and get the Runner through the Pillars of Aszune. Once she has reached the safety of the ocean, Elune will see that she reaches Malfurion in time.
- Kill the Naga Excavators
Your Watcher scouts have spotted several Naga excavation crews working on strange caves in the surrounding ruins. Kill the Excavators to deny Illidan the use of any powerful artifacts that they might hold.
- Maiev exits the Tomb of Sargeras and is met by a huntress.
- Huntress: What happened, mistress? Where are Naisha and the others?
- Maiev Shadowsong: They are lost. Illidan claimed the Eye of Sargeras--and used its power to bury our sisters alive! Now he intends to finish the rest of us off! We have no choice but to sail back to Kalimdor and warn Shan'do Stormrage of what his brother intends.
- Huntress: It's too late, mistress! Illidan's forces have arrived!
- Maiev Shadowsong: We cannot escape, but perhaps we can send for reinforcements. Summon the runner! She must reach the shoreline and sail back to Kalimdor.
- The runner leaves Maiev's base through a nearby tunnel.
- Maiev Shadowsong: With any luck, Shan'do Stormrage will reach us before we're overrun! Be swift, sister!
- On the other side of the tunnel, the runner is attacked by naga.
- Huntress: The Runner is in trouble! Protect her!
- Maiev Shadowsong: Tor ilisar'thera'nal!
- Maiev and her forces rush to the runner's defense. A quake causes the tunnel to collapse behind them, blocking the path back to the base.
During the Mission
- Archer: Praise Elune! The runner made it. She's reached the shore!
- ancient kingdom. Archer: Mistress, we've discovered a dig site. Perhaps it holds an artifact from our
- Maiev Shadowsong: Scour the dig site! We'll take whatever it holds for our own. Goddess willing, we'll find something to aid us against Illidan and his serpents.
- Maiev Shadowsong: Elune grant that she reaches Shan'do Stormrage in time. If not, Illidan may never be stopped.
Illidan was successful in capturing the Eye of Sargeras and in defeating Maiev's Sentinels. However, they failed to destroy them entirely, and were unable to stop the Warden's Runner reaching Kalimdor and informing Malfurion of his brother's actions, a development which would ultimately foil Illidan's plans against the Lich King and destroy the Eye of Sargeras for good.
- 1 Night Elf Warden
- Night Elf Archers
- Night Elf Huntresses
- Druids of the Claw
- Druids of the Talon
- 1 Night Elf Runner
- 1 Demon Hunter
- 1 Naga sea witch
- Naga Royal Guards
- Naga Myrmidons
- Naga Sirens
- Mur'gul Reavers
- Snap Dragons
- Dragon Turtles
- Mur'gul Slaves
- If you blink to the Naga base on the right while playing as Maiev you'll find the in-game secret Keeper of storms shrine.
- If you blink to the Naga base on the top, you'll find a garden with the in-game secret Grank the Rat. He cannot be hit by any attack and is immune to spells - he can only be killed by clicking on him until he explodes. He drops a Talisman of Evasion (Warcraft III).
- If you blink to the bottom left corner of the map you will find a Pandaren brewing area where a Level 1 Pandaren Brewmaster will give you a Slipper of Agility +3.
- Near the mission start, there is an area with a massive destructible gate that Maiev can blink to. If she destroys the gate and enters the area behind it, an Infernal will fall from the sky. Pointing at the Infernal reveals that it belongs to the group Kil'jaeden's Seekers. The Infernal drops Runed Bracers when killed.
- In Reforged, a new scene was added where a trunk of a tree falls and allows the Watchers to continue, replacing a bridge.
- In Reforged, new placed doodads make it impossible for anyone but Maiev to access the Kil'jaeden's Seekers Infernal.