Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Wrath of the Fungalmancer
83 (Requires 82)
Speak to Earthmender Norsala, then kill Fungalmancer Glop.
He must be killed.
One of your Earthen Ring companions is already inside. You should speak with her.
("The shroomgroomer himself.")
I cannot fit inside. Our elementals are not up to the task.
You must see this done.
Well done, <race>.
Gorsik shall hear of your deed. Therazane shall hear of your deed.
You are quite vicious for one so small... and so soft.
While up at the Verlok Village for and , players run across Ruberick at the base of the pillars, who offers this quest. Accept it and fly into the cave Ruberick is looking at. Keep clear of the mushrooms. They explode for 4375 to 5625 Nature damage if approached. As the mouth of the cave expands, Norsala awaits.
Glop has 734,000 health. This is a three-phase fight. After a little running around, Glop gets down to business. Outside of melee, which should be solely on Norsala, he throws Boomshrooms:
- Throw Boomshroom 45 yd range 1.59 sec cast
- Boomshroom Explosion — Deals 5250 to 5750 Fire damage after growing to full size.
Norsala has the following abilities:
- Lightning Bolt 40 yd range — Blasts an enemy with lightning, inflicting Nature Damage ~2300 Nature damage
- Chain Lightning 30 yd range — Strikes an enemy with a lightning bolt that arcs to another enemy. The spell affects up to 3 targets, inflicting less Nature damage to each successive target. 2.39 sec cast. ~3300 Nature damage (6 sec cooldown)
- Thunderstorm — Call down a bolt of lightning damaging nearby enemies within 15 yards. Deals 3237 to 3762 nature damage to all nearby enemies, knocking them back.
- Lava Burst 30 yd range — You hurl molten lava at the target, dealing 3244 to 3273 Fire damage. If your Flame Shock is on the target, Lava Burst will deal a critical strike.
- Water Shield — The caster is surrounded by 3 glboes of water, granting 270 mana per 5 sec. When a spell, melee or ranged attack hits the caster, 1157 mana is restored to the caster. Only one globe will activate every few seconds. Lasts 10 min. Only one ELemental Shield can be active on the Shaman at any one time.
- Chain Heal 40 yd range — Infuses a wounded ally with healing energy that spreads to another nearby ally. The spell affects up to 3 targets, but the healing energy is diminished by 50% for each successive target. 2.0 sec cast. Heals for around 20,000 health. Will cast on herself if necessary, otherwise on wounded players.
Talk to Norsala to start the event.
- This stone trogg is behind the growth in the Crimson Expanse.
- I sense a strange power in this place... be careful.
I'm ready when you are, Norsala.
- Earthmender Norsala says: Let's finish with this quickly.
- Norsala runs forward and to the right. Glop seems to be mining something, hitting the wall with a mace.
- Earthmender Norsala yells: You've caused enough damage, Glop. The earth welcomes you no longer.
- Fungalmancer Glop yells: No no no! Leave Glop alone! My mushrooms! Mine!
- Glop runs off, up the ramp toward the back of the cave.
- Earthmender Norsala yells: After him, quickly!
- Follow the trogg, mindful of the mushrooms!
- Fungalmancer Glop yells: Mushrooms grow big and strong. To big to stomp on! So strong they stomp back!
- Glop starts throwing Boomshrooms, mushrooms which grow in size and explode after a few seconds, but only have a little health. Kill them before they do much damage. After knocking off a third of Glop's health... Glop runs away, this time to the edge of the platform to the southeast.
- Earthmender Norsala says: Slippery little stone trogg.
- Fungalmancer Glop yells: Why you must come here? My cave. My cave! Me never hurt your cave!
- Another round of boomshrooms to start off the phase. Dodge and/or kill them until he stops spamming them. Knock off another third of his health and Glop walks to the left to the center of the raised area!
- Earthmender Norsala says: You kidding me...
- Follow Glop to corner him in the middle.
- Fungalmancer Glop yells: Stay back! Back!
- Fungalmancer Glop yells: Mean...rock fiends...
- Earthmender Norsala says: Good riddance.
- Earthmender Norsala says: Me remain to make sure the rest of their substance is destroyed.
While players are not now eligible for the achievement , awarded for killing Glop and not taking any damage from his thrown Boomshrooms, this is a good time to practice for the Therazane revered daily quest .
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2010-12-21): "Quest credit for killing Fungalmancer Glop should now be awarded to all players on his threat list."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.