"O Thanagor" (lit. "O King") is a song first introduced during the Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne closing cinematic. The song became a recurring lyrical leitmotif in World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, appearing in several songs, including "Arthas, My Son" and "Invincible." The song also appears as part of the medley in the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm main theme, "The Shattering."
- My son, the day you were born, the very forests of Lordaeron whispered the name Arthas.
- My child, I watched with pride as you grew into a weapon of righteousness.
- Remember, our line has always ruled with wisdom and strength. And I know you will show restraint when exercising your great power.
- But the truest victory, my son, is stirring the hearts of your people. I tell you this, for when my days have come to an end, you shall be King.
|Common lyrics||English translation|
The italicized lines are Latin.
- Blizzard originally recorded a male tenor for the main melody before opting to use a boy soprano.