- Not to be confused with Blackwing.
|Base of operations|
The Wyrmcult or the Blackwing Coven and the Blackwing wyrmcultists, is a group of humans, orcs, Broken, and draenei that seem to worship the surviving members of the black dragonflight, most of which were killed off by the gronn after the destruction of Draenor. Their coven is located in Raven's Wood in the western part of Blade's Edge Mountains. The Wyrmcult fells trees and hunts animals in the Ruuan Weald, much to the dislike of the druids in Evergrove — whom the Wyrmcultists are unwilling to negotiate with.
The Wyrmcult cultists have been feuding with the Boulder'mok ogres and entered a temporary truce with the Arakkoa of Grishnath. Aside from those incidents, the wyrm cultists were keeping to themselves in Blackwing Coven, but with the arrival of the Cenarion Expedition they have begun encroaching upon Evergrove.
Tree Warden Chawn is looking forward to negotiate with the the overseer Nuaar, because the wyrmcult is making difficult the healing of Blade's Edge Mountains. Samia Inkling and adventurers helped Tree Warden Chawn, but the cultists rejected the negotiations because they believe that the Cenarion Expedition doesn't own the mountain and doesn't have the authority to tell them what to do as they are "free people". Seeing this, Chawn is sending adventurers to kill the hewers that are cutting trees.
In Wyrmskull Bridge and Wyrmskull Tunnel Watcher Moonshade is leading the defense to stop the wyrmcult from leaving Blackwing Coven and from doing something dangerous. He and his wardens are being hard pressed by the cultists, because of the number of troops, so he planned to defeat their leader Draaca Longtail.
Overseer Nuaar and Kolphis Darkscale were going to meet to discuss their plans, which consisted in attacking the Cenarion Expedition, but after Tree Warden Chawn knew this he began sending adventurers to defeat the leader Maxnar the Ashmaw.
- Wyrmcult Acolyte
- Wyrmcult Hewer
- Wyrmcult Hunter
- Wyrmcult Poacher
- Wyrmcult Provisioner
- Wyrmcult Scout
- Wyrmcult Zealot
The subject of this section did not make it out of the beta stages.
- It seems Blacklord Hamarahk was originally intended to be the grand patriarch of the cult.
They breed Black Dragon Whelplings that Samia Inkling wants to get. As she is sent by Sabellian, a black dragon, and her final quote is "This looks like a fine brood of blackwhelps to make a start with. Examining them, that is.", it is probable that Sabellian wants the whelps for himself.
They may be working to be worthy of becoming black dragonkin or black dragonspawns. If that is their goal, Maxnar was seemingly successful in becoming a drakonid (or he was born as one), along with the Wyrmcult Blessed.
- ^ : This Blackwing Coven has a great deal to learn if they think the Cenarion Expedition is so easily dealt with!
- ^ a b
- ^ a b c
- ^ a b c World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade. Blizzard Entertainment. Blade's Edge Mountains. Tree Warden Chawn: "We've come to Ruuan Weald to see if we can establish balance to the nature to this mountains.
The interference of the arakkoa and the wyrmcult is making this a difficult task, however.
Luckily there are those like you and Samia that are willingly to lend us a hand.".
- ^ a b World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade. Blizzard Entertainment. Blade's Edge Mountains. Samia Inkling: "I am here at the behest of my master, Baron Sablemane, to help the Cenarion Expedition with the wyrmcult problems.
I'm something of an expert in this things.".
- ^ World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade. Blizzard Entertainment. Blade's Edge Mountains. Overseer Nuaar: "The Blade's Edge Mountains are a place of great opportunity. How unfortunate that some deem themselves above all other on matters that pertain to taking advantage of such opportunities.
Who do the Cenarion Expedition think they are to tell us what we can and cannot do?".
- ^ World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade. Blizzard Entertainment. Blade's Edge Mountains. Overseer Nuaar: "Negotiations? NEGOTIATIONS?
Allow me to make our stance perfectly clear. We are a free people, able to do whatever we want and come and go as we please. The Cenarion Expedition does not own this mountain range.
There will be no negotiations! Now go back to the druids and tell them that we will continue to do as we please.".
- ^ a b c d
- ^ a b