X-53 Touring Rocket
X-53 Touring Rocket was originally the second special mount that players could earn only through the Recruit-A-Friend program. The X-53 was available to players who claimed their RAF reward between April 27, 2010 and July 15, 2012. It replaced the reward, and was then replaced by the .
- The X-53 is one of only two flying mounts available in the game that allow for multiple passengers. It originally scaled to match the speed of your fastest owned mount, up to 310% flight speed.
- Using this mount players who don't have cold weather flying can get the explorer achievement with some help from a friend.
- Summoning this mount triggers the global cooldown, unlike most other mounts.
- As of Patch 4.0.1 the rocket can now be ridden as a ground mount in no fly zones at 100% ground speed.
- The mount is mailed in-game to the character you select from . With the item is a unique letter written up as a shipping manifest:
FROM: B.O.O.M. Rocket Works
CONTENTS OF CRATE:
- One (1) X-53 Nether Rocket, Touring Model
- One (1) Rocket Ignition Key
- One (1) Rear-Mounted Ejector Seats
- Zero (0) Parachutes
- Despite what the letter says, a passenger who ejects in mid-air will get a parachute, like for all other two-person flying mounts.
- Patch 5.4.1 (2013-10-29): Available once again.
- Hotfix (2012-07-15): "The previous reward mount, the X-53 Touring Rocket has now been retired from the Recruit-A-Friend program (but those who already earned the vintage rocket in the past will keep it going forward)."
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Can now be used as a ground mount in addition to being a flying mount.
- Hotfix (2010-04-27): "Time is running out for those who wish to claim their Zhevra, as the launch of the X-53 Touring Rocket is now scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, April 27! If you’ve fulfilled all of the Recruit-A-Friend requirements necessary to claim a mount now but choose not to claim the Zhevra, you will be able to claim the X-53 Touring Rocket instead once it launches. Sounds like they’re firing it up for a final test run now..."
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): Added.