|Level||67 - 82 Elite|
Xevozz was an arcane weapons dealer... until the Kirin Tor discovered he was arming the Burning Legion. Now this hardnosed ethereal is executing a three-point business plan: destroy his enemies, escape incarceration, and get back to servicing his biggest client.
Attacks and abilities
- Arcane Bolt — Xevozz hurls a magical bolt at a player, inflicting Arcane damage.
- Arcane Barrage Volley — Xevozz launches arcane missiles at all players within 0 yards, inflicting Arcane damage.
- Arcane Buffet — Xevozz inflicts Arcane damage to a player and increases the Arcane damage they take for 20 sec. This effect stacks up to $54226U times.
- Ethereal Sphere — Xevozz summons Ethereal Spheres that move towards him.
Heroic mode The key to this encounter are the Ethereal Spheres. On his own, Xevozz does not put out very much damage. If he gets near a Sphere, Xevozz's damage output will increase significantly. Additionally, if Xevozz has LOS to a sphere for any length of time he will teleport himself and the party on top of it, which will cause a great deal of sadness. In order to prevent this from happening, the tank will need to kite Xevozz across the balcony. The Spheres will attempt to follow, but for the most part they will not be able to catch Xevozz.
The most effective kiting strategy involves picking up Xevozz on the stairwell immediately to the left of his cell. The tank should be on the stairs themselves, with ranged DPS and heals up at the top. When Xevozz summons the orbs, the tank should begin kiting him up onto the balcony and then to stairwell at the far end of the instance. The tank's focus needs to be on keeping Xevozz moving, maintaining threat is secondary (since the entire party is moving Xevozz should not be taking much damage).
By the time Xevozz reaches the opposite side of the instance the spheres should have despawned. Fight Xevozz on these stairs until he once again summons orbs, and repeat the kiting process.
Healers and DPS should focus on staying ahead of the kiting path, to avoid getting near any orbs that may be following Xevozz. Xevozz will usually go down after 1 or 2 kiting passes.
If a teleport is triggered, everyone needs to focus on getting away from the three orbs as quickly as possible. The tank should declare a spot everyone should move toward. DPS should do nothing but get out of the way. Healers will need to move while keeping the tank topped off, as Xevozz's damage output is going to increase considerably.
- Back in business! Now to execute an exit strategy.
- It seems my freedom must be bought with blood...
- It would seem that a renegotiation is in order.
- Summon Energy
- Intriguing... a high quantity of arcane energy is near. Time for some prospecting...
- Repeat Summon
- The air teems with latent energy... quite the harvest!
- Plentiful, exploitable resources... primed for acquisition!
- Nothing personal.
- Business concluded.
- This is an... unrecoverable... loss.
If your party wipes after defeating Xevozz, he will be replaced with the Ethereal Wind Trader during subsequent attempts.
- Xevozz is voiced by Dave Mallow.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.