||This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.
- This may include editing to correct spelling and grammar, rewriting sections to ensure they are clear and concise, and wikifying.
- Reason: If the text shows up in quests, link quests, if not, move it all to notes.
- This article is about the devilsaur called Xibala. For the subzone which took her name, see Xibala.
Xibala (pronounced "Shih-bala") was the first of the devilsaurs, and mother to the loa Rezan, mother to all that came after. Some say that Xibala makes people's bodies swell up with putrification. Others that anyone who laid eyes on her became a living skeleton, or that she lurked in the shadows and came out at night and devoured people while they slept, or that she waited near the roads and caused people to die coughing up blood. This is why the Zandalari locals stay away from the eponymous region of Xibala where her bones remain, far to the south of Zandalar, and why the area has been claimed by the beasts.
- Xibala's name is a reference to Xibalba, the underworld in Mayan mythology, which is appropriate as the region where she now rests was named after her, Xibala.
- Xibala's powers as described above, are from a broadcast text datamined by WoWhead in 2018. It may have to be considered non-canon.