|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.|
Xoroth is one of the fiery, chaotic worlds belonging to the Burning Legion. It is home to the infernal dreadsteeds and wrathsteeds, mounts to the nathrezim. The finest of these belong to Lord Hel'nurath, the "stable-keeper", described as his domain. It is a world of infernal heat and scorched bones.
World of Warcraft
This section concerns content related to the original World of Warcraft.
Several years after the second invasion of the Burning Legion, in Dire Maul West, adventurers opened a portal to Xoroth. Despite the intervention of Lord Hel'nurath and several Xorothian demons, the warlock managed to capture a Xorothian Dreadsteed.
This section concerns content related to Legion.
During the third invasion of the Burning Legion, portals to Xoroth opened on the Broken Shore and eredar known as Xorothian Fel Knights came through to face the Armies of Legionfall. Xorothian Cultists comprised of Azerothian races could be found on the Shore with them. Lord Hel'nurath was also present.
Most of the following inhabitants of Xoroth have been encountered in Azeroth. Some could be found emerging from portals within Mazthoril, some were on the Broken Shore, and others were previously summoned in Dire Maul as part of the warlock quest chain to acquire a mount.
- Lord Hel'nurath (previously summoned in Dire Maul)
- Arax'ath (General of Hel'nurath, summoned in Dreadscar Rift)
- Vulcanar (summoned in Antorus)
- Dread Guards (previously summoned in Dire Maul)
- Xorothian Dreadsteeds (previously summoned in Dire Maul)
- Xorothian Eredar (emerging from portals within Mazthoril)
- Xorothian Imps (emerging from portals within Mazthoril; others were summoned in Dire Maul)
- Xorothian Satyrs (emerging from portals within Mazthoril)
- Xorothian Fel Knight (located on the Broken Shore)
- Xorothian Ritualist (located on the Summoning Platform)
The subject of this section did not make it out of the beta stages.
Given that Xoroth is the home of the dreadsteeds, it is possible that Xoroth is the world where the dreadlords established their citadel (seen in The Dreadlords Convene, an interlude from the Undead campaign in Reign of Chaos). However, given the number of worlds consumed by the Legion, the Citadel could reside on another nathrezim world — possibly Nathreza, the now-destroyed nathrezim homeworld, or even Argus.