Yan-Zhu the Uncasked is the last boss of Stormstout Brewery.
In a desperate attempt to save the family brewery, Uncle Gao set about concocting what he believed would be the ultimate ale, a full-bodied elixir of depthless flavor. Yet his bold experiment resulted in a bitter and extremely volatile alemental creature, dubbed Yan-Zhu the Uncasked.
- Brew Bolt — If there are no players near Yan-Zhu, he will begin casting Brew Bolts. Inflicts 50000 (Heroic: 80000) Frost damage and increases magic damage taken by the target for 6 sec. This effect stacks.
- Brewmastery: Wheat — Uncle Gao's crazy experiments grant Yan-Zhu one of two wheat brew abilities.
- Bloat — Yan-Zhu infuses a random player with an excessive quantity of brew. This Bloat causes brew to gush from their ears for 30 sec, inflicting 20000 (Heroic: 50000) Frost damage to and knocking back targets in a 10-degree cone on either side of the bloated player.
- Blackout Brew — The heavy Blackout Brew inflicts 15000 (Heroic: 30000) Frost damage to all players and applies 3 stacks of Blackout Brew. Stacks can be removed by moving and jumping. If Blackout Brew reaches 10 stacks, the Brew stuns the player for 10 sec.
- Brewmastery: Ale — Uncle Gao's new fermentation procedures grant Yan-Zhu one of two ale brew abilities.
- Bubble Shield — Yan-Zhu covers himself with 8 small bubbles. Each bubble grants Yan-Zhu 10% damage reduction. This effect stacks.
- Yeasty Brew Alemental — Yan-Zhu summons forth Yeasty Brew Alementals to aid him.
- Ferment — The Yeasty Brew Alemental fires a fermentation beam towards Yan-Zhu the Uncasked, but players may intercept the beam and receive its effect by standing between the two Alementals. The fermentation restores 1% of health and mana ever 1 sec. to the affected target.
- Brew Bolt — Yeasty Brew Alementals can cast a less powerful version of Brew Bolt, inflicting 10000 (Heroic: 20000) Frost damage.
- Brewmastery: Stout — Uncle Gao has modified the family recipe, granting Yan-Zhu one of two stout brew abilities.
- Carbonation — Yan-Zhu fills the room with Carbonation for 20 sec. The Carbonation inflicts 1000 (Heroic: 10000) Frost damage every 1 sec. to enemies that are close to the ground and prevents them from attacking of casting spells due to acute asphyxiation. In addition, Carbonation causes Fizzy Bubbles to spawn.
- Fizzy Bubble — Clicking on a Fizzy Bubble grants the ability to fly for 20 sec.
- Wall of Suds — Yan-Zhu periodically summons forth walls of sudsy brew. Inflicts 50000 (Heroic: 100000) Frost damage every 0.50 seconds to players that stand within the wall and stuns them for 5 sec.
- Sudsy — The sudsy nature of Yan-Zhu grants players the ability to jump extra high.
Bloat must be dealt with cautiously when watching your boundaries regard of role. The Blackout Brew must be removed by moving around or back and forth. Take out the bubbles that surround the boss because it'll decrease damage dealt. The Yeasty Brew Alemental can either be killed asap or stand in line of healing. Don't let it go on the boss, it'll be a long boring fight. You get an ability called Sudsy they'll make you jump higher. Use it when he casts Wall of Suds, otherwise it'll do massive damage and stuns you. During the Carbonation phase, grab a Fizzy Bubble to fly up, otherwise, you're silenced.
- Uncle Gao yells: Yes yes yes! So close! Just a pinch of...oops...
- Uncle Gao yells: Too bitter! Just a drop of honey, and a cane of sugar, and maybe some corn? Yes, more corn!
- Uncle Gao yells: Yes, yes, yes...no, no, no no no! Yes! No! Peppers!
- Uncle Gao yells: Ahh! Help! What is that thing? It doesn't matter, nothing will stop me now, not when I'm so close! Maybe if I don't look at it...?
- Uncle Gao says: Is it... can it be???
- Gao runs over and kneels down by Yan-Zhu's remains and speaks reverently.
- Uncle Gao says: Such harmony of flavor, such heady aroma! It is...the perfect brew!
- Uncle Gao yells: The name of Stormstout will be sung once again throughout the hills!
- As he proclaims this, Chen runs into the Tasting Room and over to Yan-Zhu.
- Chen Stormstout says: Uncle Gao, this brewery was left in your care! What have you done?
- Uncle Gao yells: You again! Don't you see? I have made a name for myself at last: I have brewed perfection!
- Chen is dismayed with Gao's attitude.
- Chen Stormstout says: At what cost? The Brewery is trashed! Infested!
- Uncle Gao says: Details, details.
- Chen Stormstout says: And there are Virmen in the main store!
- Gao walks over to stand behind the stove as Chen follows to stand in front of it.
- Uncle Gao says: Look, "Chen Stormstout," we all can't be heroes, running from our responsibilities, tromping around the Dread Wastes, saving the world. Some of us are "Artists."
- Chen Stormstout says: I think the brewery might be on fire.
- Although Chen points this out, Gao's tone is dismissive, even bored.
- Uncle Gao says: Yes, yes. That happens.
- Unused quotes
- Uncle Gao: Chen! I'm glad your here!
- Uncle Gao: Don't you see? I have regained our honor! I have brewed perfection!
- Uncle Gao: On fire you say?
- Uncle Gao: The perfect brew maybe... somewhat flammable. Very flammable! Go, run you fool!
- Yan-Zhu in Chinese means eyes.