Yor'sahj the Unsleeping
|Location||Maw of Shu'ma, Dragon Soul|
World first heroic kill on 25-man achieved 7.12.2011 by Blood Legion - US-Illidan.
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Strategy
- 4 Loot
- 5 Related Achievements
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Videos
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Patches and hotfixes
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Since the fall of the Bastion of Twilight, Yor'sahj the Unsleeping has eagerly assisted Deathwing, providing the Destroyer with the means to release more faceless ones from their prisons deep beneath the earth. Their numbers are endless and their power is beyond reckoning, and Yor'sahj intends to reap a grim reward for his faithful service.
- Berserk — Increases the caster's attack and Movement speed by 150% and all damage it deals by 500%.Hard enrage used after 10 mintues of combat in all difficult settings and wiping the raid.
- Void Bolt (Heroic mode) — Yor'sahj the Unsleeping blasts his primary target with dark energy, dealing 83250 to 96750 Shadow damage initially (Raid Finder: 58,500; 10/25-player heroic: 100,000) and then 4625 to 5375 Shadow damage every 2 seconds. This effect stacks. Raid Finder: 19,500; 25-player: 30,000 10-player Heroic: 7500; 25-player Heroic: 50,000.
- Call Blood of Shu'ma — Yor'sahj the Unsleeping calls to the might of Shu'ma, summoning three differently colored globules of his blood. These globules path slowly towards Yor'sahj, infusing him with additional powers if they reach him. In Heroic difficulty, four slimes answer Yor'sahj's call.
- Fusing Vapors — Emits a fusing vapor when damaged below 50% health that heals all other active globules for 5% of their maximum life. The blood globules emit a vapor when damaged below 50% health that heals all other active globules for 5% of their maximum life. When one globule dies, the surviving globules completely fuse and gain immunity to all forms of damage.
- — When a Glowing Globule reaches Yor'sahj, it infuses Yor'sahj with the Glowing Blood of the Shu'ma.
- Glowing Blood of Shu'ma — Yor'sahj's Void Bolt now hits all nearby targets for 36,000 Shadow damage in additional to the primary target component, Yor'sahj uses his abilities twice as often, and his attack speed increases by 50%. Raid Finder: 26,910; 25-player: 41,400; 10-player Heroic: 50,000; 25-player Heroic: 59,000
- — When a Cobalt Globule reaches Yor'sahj, it infuses Yor'sahj with the ability to summon Mana Voids.
- — When a Crimson Globule reaches Yor'sahj, it infuses Yor'sahj with the Searing Blood ability.
- Searing Blood (Heroic mode) — Yor'sahj sears the blood of three random players, inflicting a base of 35,000 Fire damage. The further the target stands from Yor'sahj, the greater shock received from the blast. Raid Finder: 25,025; 25-player: 38,500; 10-player Heroic: 63,000; 25-player Heroic: 73,000. In 25-player raids, Yor'sahj sears the blood of eight random players.
- — When a Dark Globule reaches Yor'sahj, the corruption of the blood seeps out into the Maw of Shu'ma. This vile corruption then periodically creates Forgotten Ones that attack the players.
- — When an Acidic Globule reaches Yor'sahj, the Maw of Shu'ma infuses with the acidic blood and stimulates further Digestive Acid production.
- Digestive Acid — Digestive Acid periodically secretes from the stomach lining, inflicting 60000 Nature damage to a player and nearby allies within 4 yards. Raid Finder: 39,000; 10-player Heroic: 65,000; 25-player Heroic: 69,000
- — When a Shadowed Globule reaches Yor'sahj, it infuses Yor'sahj with the Deep Corruption ability.
- Deep Corruption — Yor'sahj's Deep Corruption spreads to every player, causing every fifth healing or absorption effect cast on a player to trigger a violent detonation, inflicting 50,000 Shadow damage to all players. Raid Finder: 35250; 25-player: 55,000; 10/25-player Heroic: 97,000
Since the colors of the mounds in the environment correspond to the oozes that spawn from them, it may make coordinating the encounter easier by placing World Markers in front of the ooze spawn points.
Beginners should use two tanks who take turns to let the Void Bolt stacks fall off. Raids with more powerful healers and tanks can use a single tank if they can survive eight or nine stacks of Void Bolt.
When the oozes spawn, the raid leader can call out a single ooze so the raid can target and destroy it quickly. When one ooze dies, the remaining two become invulnerable and give the boss a buff or ability.
Globules by Color
- Black –
- Yor'sahj spawns a large number of untauntable Forgotten Ones, which fixate on raid members. If the current Globule combination allows it, stack up on the boss and bring the adds down with AoE. Treating them as Blistering Tentacles from and having the whole raid target them down is also effective.
- Blue –
- Yor'sahj creates a that steals all the mana from mana users, i.e. healers and casters. Specs that have mana but not a "mana pool," such as a Protection or Retribution Paladin, are not affected. Once this globule is destroyed, the mana is returned to the players, divided among all players who are within 30 yards of the globule at its death (100 yards for LFR). Destroying the is high priority for non-mana users, as they can continue to DPS without being encumbered by a lack of mana (assuming Digestive Acid doesn't punish the mana users for piling on the globule).
- Green –
- Grants Yor'sahj with Digestive Acid. The raid should spread out to minimize the effect of the AoE caused when the boss uses this attack on a raid member. Note: Some guides say that the AoE component is removed from Raid Finder difficulty, but visual cues imply that the boss is hitting 10 people at once. Further observations should clear up this confusion.
- Purple –
- Grants Yor'sahj with Deep Corruption. The penalty this imposes on healers is somewhat onerous, making the Purple ooze the highest kill priority when it spawns. If Yor'sahj gets this debuff, healers must use only their largest heal spells, without casting unnecessary heals, in order to minimize the number of heals a player receives.
- Red –
- Grants Yor'sahj with Searing Blood, which Yor'sahj uses to blast random players with a red chain lightning, causing damage corresponding with how far away the player is. Move in close to minimize damage.
- Yellow –
- Grants the boss with Glowing Blood of Shu'ma, causing Yor'sahj to attack faster, including Void Bolt. Also, Void Bolt splashes affect the entire raid while the boss has this buff. Stacking for AoE heals is a good idea, unless a Green ooze is splashing the raid at the same time.
Globule Combinations and Kill Priority
The simplest kill priority is:
- Green – this may be ignored in Raid Finder difficulty, as it does not cause splash damage
If your healers have nerves of steel and your tanks know their cooldowns, you can use:
Typically, a single healer is designated as the Purple healer. This healer is chosen for his ability to land very large direct heals while avoiding overhealing.
With five colors of oozes, there are a theoretical 20 combinations. Not all combinations have been observed, however. The ones that have, are:
- Purple, Black, and Red
- Purple, Green, and Blue
- Purple, Yellow, and Blue
- Green, Black, and Red
- Green, Yellow, and Red
- Yellow, Black, and Blue
With this shortened list, a kill priority of Purple > Green > Yellow will suffice for normal difficulty and Purple > Yellow > Black covers the Raid Finder difficulty.
There are special cases of Purple, Blue, and a third color, that can be handled differently if the healers think they can handle the Deep Corruption without blowing up the raid:
- Purple, Yellow, Blue – where killing Yellow instead of Purple eliminates enemy-inflicted raid damage.
- Purple, Green, Blue – where killing Green instead of Purple eliminates enemy-inflicted raid damage.
This alternate strategy is a little dangerous, because as the Void Bolt DoT stacks on the tank, keeping him alive might trigger enough detonations to wipe the raid.
The biggest difference in Heroic difficulty is that four globules spawn each time instead of three. The raid kills one and has to survive the effects of three globule enhancements.
A tactical change is that you should not kill the first that spawns. This is treated as a battery to shorten the time necessary between the fabrication of a new and the restoration of mana. When you know a Blue phase is coming, do some damage to the old Mana Void in preparation but do not kill it. When Yor'sahj actually creates a new , destroy the old one quickly to restore the mana of all nearby players. The new becomes the next mana battery.
It is common to use one tank and three healers in Heroic mode. As the healers' gear improves you can switch to two healers.
Healing in this fight can be very taxing. The single tank gets up to eight stacks of Void Bolt, and during Black phases, the Forgotten Ones are beating on the rest of the raid. Yellow and Black together results in two waves of adds, and it is important for the raid to be powerful enough to destroy the remaining adds and destroy one of the incoming bloods simultaneously. Your tank will be using survival cooldowns quite often, and timing can often be the difference between success and failure (although luck is usually a larger factor for beginners).
Heroic Globule Combinations
- Blue, Black, Purple, *Yellow*
- Blue, Purple, Green, *Yellow*
- *Green*, Red, Blue, Black
- *Green*, Yellow, Black, Red
- *Purple*, Yellow, Red, Black
- *Purple*, Green, Black, Blue
Yor'sahj the Unsleeping's drops
|()||Strength two-hand axe|
|( · )||Agility leather boots|
|( · )||Spirit mail boots|
|( · )||Spirit plate bracers|
|( · )||Caster DPS trinket|
|( · )||Tank trinket|
- Ak'agthshi ma uhnish, ak'uq shg'cul vwahuhn! H'iwn iggksh Phquathi gag OOU KAAXTH SHUUL!
- Our numbers are endless, our power beyond reckoning! All who oppose the Destroyer will DIE A THOUSAND DEATHS!
- Iilth qi'uothk shn'ma yeh'glu Shath'Yar! H'IWN IILTH! 
- You will drown in the blood of the Old Gods! ALL OF YOU!
- Call Blood of Shu'Ma
- KYTH ag'xig yyg'far IIQAATH ONGG!
- SEE how we pour from the CURSED EARTH!
- UULL lwhuk H'IWN!
- The DARKNESS devours ALL!
- Killing a player
- Sk'yahf qi'plahf PH'MAGG!
- Your soul will know ENDLESS TORMENT!
- H'iwn zaix Shuul'wah, PHQUATHI!
- All praise Deathwing, THE DESTROYER!
- Shkul an'zig qvsakf KSSH'GA, ag'THYZAK agthu!
- From its BLEAKEST DEPTHS, we RECLAIM this world!
- Ez, Shuul'wah! Sk'woth'gl yu'gaz yog'ghyl ilfah!
- O, Deathwing! Your faithful servant has failed you!
- 25N Guide - Rogue PoV - Verbal Strat, Annotations/Call-Outs, Melee Tips
- 25m Normal Rogue PoV - Vent Audio
- Love2playwow Strategy Guide
Yor'sahj is voiced by Christopher Corey Smith.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 4.3.2 (2012-01-31): The Shaman spell now properly only triggers Deep Corruption on its target. Previously, this affected both the caster and the target.
- Hotfix (2011-12-20): "
- Yor'sahj now deals triple melee damage to player-controlled pets and targets them with Void Bolt.
- The Firebloom heal triggered by the Druid tier-12 should no longer cause Deep Corruption.
- Yor'sahj's health and damage have been reduced by up to 10% on 25-player Heroic difficulty, bringing the difficulty of the encounter closer to that of 10-player Heroic difficulty.