Yrgrim the Truthseeker
|Title||<Champion of Tyr>|
|Race||Iron vrykul (Humanoid)|
|Level||100 - 110|
|Health||1,495,660 - 2,991,320|
|Location||Tomb of the Old Kings, Stormheim|
The Winterskorn War
Thousands of years ago, Yrgrim was a champion of the Winterskorn clan. During the Winterskorn War, Yrgrim stood at the clan's bloody vanguard, leading brutal raids against the good-natured earthen. However, at some point during the war the battle lust left Yrgrim, and he decided that 'Killing for the sake of killing... conquering for the sake of conquest... there is no honor in such things. There is only shame and regret.' So he saved a group of earthen by killing a group of vrykul that had cornered them, and took the earthen to the titan keeper Tyr. Though Yrgrim expected to be punished by his transgressions, Tyr asked him for his help against the Winterskorn vrykul instead. Yrgrim took an oath to the twin moons that he would serve Tyr and embody his noble ideals. In return, Tyr and Archaedas created a massive shield called , and gave it to Yrgrim to help him expose Loken's treachery. Yrgrim stood by Tyr's side during the rest of the Winterskorn War.
Migration to Stormheim
When Tyr and his allies later stole the Discs of Norgannon and fled, Yrgrim stayed behind and held off many of Loken's servants, including several fire giants. After defeating them, Yrgrim sensed the C'Thraxxi's foul presence as they passed by underground, following Tyr's trail. Yrgrim raced south in pursuit of the creatures, and reached the place of Tyr's last battle in the Tirisfal Glades, after he had defeated the C'Thraxxi and given his life. Yrgrim helped build the Tomb of Tyr, and decided to stay guarding his tomb. While most other refugees continued south, the vrykul were moved by Yrgrim's example and stayed with him.
Yrgrim stayed at Tirisfal Glades for several years, teaching the vrykul there about the pursuit of justice and nobility. Once he decided that he had taught them all that he could, tired after all his battles, he departed to find a champion that could bear in his stead. Knowing that others of his kind had fled the north, he went in search of them, hoping to find someone worthy to pass on his armaments. Eventually, he found Stormheim and strong descendants of his race.
On an island, Yrgrim built an arena. He proclaimed to his brethren that he sought a successor strong in will and body, and pure in heart. They would have to pass his trials in order to claim his weapons. Many berserkers and dragonriders answered Yrgrim's challenge, but all met with failure and death. Yrgrim held his trials for years until the challengers stopped coming.
Yrgrim then built a shine to Tyr in a complex that would later be known as the Tomb of the Old Kings on the same island. Yrgrim crafted a door that would judge anyone before it as the first test of their spirit and body. The door wards would burn those that tried to open it with cleansing flame. Only those strong of will and pure of heart would be able to hold back the flames. If they had the strength to bear its gaze, they would be allowed in. Yrgrim then entombed himself in the shrine with his weapons, waiting for a time when a true champion would come. Since Yrgrim was never affected by the Curse of Flesh, he could patiently await inside the tomb for thousands of years. The ghost of a vrykul female known as Runeshaper Griselda accompanied him in his long vigil. The island the shrine was built on would later be known as Shield's Rest, as it became the resting place of the shield .
Many years later, a vrykul from Northrend called Gorvold Ironbrow heard about Truthguard and Yrgrim, and followed his trail up to his shrine in Stormheim. Gorvold was, however, unable to pass Yrgrim's test, and returned defeated to Northrend.
During the Third invasion of the Burning Legion, the Highlord of the reformed Order of the Silver Hand traveled to Shield's Rest to recover Truthguard. After successfully passing the test at the shrine's doors, the Highlord battled Yrgrim and Griselda, defeating them in combat. Yrgrim conceded that the Highlord was worthy of his shield, and passed both Truthguard and his sword, , to the champion. After that, indicating that he was weary, he retreated to the shrine and apparently turned to stone.
- Bladestorm — In a whirlwind of steel you attack all enemies within melee range, causing 150% weapon damage to each enemy.
- Bladestorm — Instantly Whirlwind all nearby targets and for the next 6 sec you will perform a whirlwind attack every 2 sec. While under the effects of Bladestorm, you can move but cannot perform any other abilities.
- Charge — Charges an enemy, inflicting normal damage plus a bonus.
- Penta-Strike — Unleashes a barrage of attacks.
- Shield Bash — Bashes an enemy with the caster's shield, inflicting 120% weapon damage and interrupting the spell being cast.
When the Highlord enters the shrine
- I bid you greetings, Opener of Doors. You are the first.
- I am Yrgrim, Champion of Tyr! Let us see if you are worthy to bear his shield.
- Long have I waited for one who proves worthy. Face me in battle that we might test your heart!
- Hail, Seeker of Truth.
- You are shorter than I expected.
- Let us talk.
- Let us begin!
- After the Highlord defeats Yrgrim
- I am beaten! You are indeed worthy. Were Tyr alive, he would make you his champion. I hereby bestow Truthguard upon you. Use it to defend Azeroth from its enemies.
- After the Highlord picks up Truthguard
- I am weary. With a worthy successor, my long vigil is at an end. Fight for truth and justice, champion. In Tyr's name...
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.