Zereketh the Unbound
|Affiliation(s)||Burning Legion|
|Location||Arcatraz, Tempest Keep|
|Status||Killable (WoW), Deceased (Lore)|
Most creatures from the Twisting Nether require constant directions from their masters, but a select few voidwraiths need no such orders. Zereketh stands at the entrance to Arcatraz, ready to slay all who would dare challenge him.
- Void Zone — Zereketh the Unbound summons a Void Zone that inflicts Shadow damage to all players that stand within it.
- Seed of Corruption — Zereketh the Unbound imbeds a demon seed in a player, causing 2400 (+ 100.2% of Spell power) Shadow damage over 18 sec. When the player takes 2500 total damage, the seed will detonate, inflicting Shadow damage to all players within 10 yards of them.
- Shadow Nova — Zereketh the Unbound inflicts 1850 to 2150 (3238 to 3762) Shadow damage to all players within 0 yards, knocking them back.
The fight is very simple, stay away from the Void Zones. Seed of Corruption can be healed through, although this is rarely an issue. If you get the Seed of Corruption, move away from the rest of the group to avoid unnecessary damage to party members. Also, don't stand near people with the debuff. In normal mode, ranged DPSers can avoid his Shadow Nova (~34 yards range) by being at max range. In Heroic mode, his Shadow Nova's range is increased to 45 yards, though. It is imperative that you get out of the Void Zones as quickly as possible, because as soon as they spawn it is instant damage for 1200-1300 every second.
It is advisable for the MT to tank the boss with his back to a wall and just move up or down the wall as the void zones appear. This is to avoid getting knocked out of range of heals when Zereketh does his knockback.
Ranged DPS and Heal should stand behind the column on the north-east side of the room. When Zereketh casts Shadownova, move behind the column (out of LoS) to avoid the Shadownova.
Note: the void zones tend to be spawned underneath random players in the party including the MT, everyone needs to be wary of them. Valid targets for void zones also includes totems and pets. If at all possible, spread pets and totems out. Totems are immune to the void zone damage.
Having shadow resist on the Main tank on this fight makes the boss a lot easier, at 300 Shadow Resist the combat log showed the main tank taking 300-500 damage a hit with roughly 1100-1300 resisted. This set can consist of any armor class just like the pandemonious fight.
- Life energy to... consume.
- Shadow Nova
- The shadow... will engulf you.
- Darkness... consumes all.
- Killing a player
- This vessel... is empty.
- No... more... life.
- The Void... beckons.
Notes & trivia
- When the Burning Legion attempted to free High Inquisitor Raalgar from the Arcatraz several years later, a Felshadow Seeker commented that Zereketh's Void magic still lingered where he had been struck down. His remains could be found there too, being drained by the two seekers.
- Zereketh is one of the rare optional Burning Crusade 5-man dungeon bosses. He can be easily avoided by simply staying on the right side of the room and moving up the ramp to the rest of the instance.
- Zereketh is voiced by Marc Graue.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.